Thread: What is the biggest springer ever made

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    They quote 30ftlb for the 135 but 34ftlb for the 130 as featured in the thread how not to cock a springer

Ok not stock but higher powered than stock .

According to Rich, his rifle is just a shell of a Hatsan 135. He has completely remanufactured the powerplant with custom parts that are too exotic to explain. It uses a gas spring, but that’s as close as it gets to the stock rifle. He added a custom TJ barrel, after discovering that his new powerplant benefitted by more length.

The stock 135 he has gets 535 f.p.s. with a JSB Exact 44.775-grain dome. The custom rifle gets 625 f.p.s. with the same pellet. As far as I could tell, the cocking effort of his rifle is identical to the one I am testing for you — 57 lbs. For comparison my test 135 got an average of 580 f.p.s. with that pellet. So Rich has boosted the rifle’s velocity with no increase in cocking effort. He’s done this by means of a totally new powerplant plus a new barrel. The original 135 barrel is 10.5 inches long and the one he has put on the gun is 20.5-inches. Usually a longer barrel does not add velocity to a spring gun, but on this one it does.

38.85 ft lbs after custom tuning . He is also going to try and get 700fps from it ,that is 48.73 ft lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Ok not stock but higher powered than stock .

According to Rich, his rifle is just a shell of a Hatsan 135. He has completely remanufactured the powerplant with custom parts that are too exotic to explain. It uses a gas spring, but that’s as close as it gets to the stock rifle. He added a custom TJ barrel, after discovering that his new powerplant benefitted by more length.

The stock 135 he has gets 535 f.p.s. with a JSB Exact 44.775-grain dome. The custom rifle gets 625 f.p.s. with the same pellet. As far as I could tell, the cocking effort of his rifle is identical to the one I am testing for you — 57 lbs. For comparison my test 135 got an average of 580 f.p.s. with that pellet. So Rich has boosted the rifle’s velocity with no increase in cocking effort. He’s done this by means of a totally new powerplant plus a new barrel. The original 135 barrel is 10.5 inches long and the one he has put on the gun is 20.5-inches. Usually a longer barrel does not add velocity to a spring gun, but on this one it does.

38.85 ft lbs after custom tuning . He is also going to try and get 700fps from it ,that is 48.73 ft lbs.
    Is that figure possible out of a springer ...??
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    Is that figure possible out of a springer ...??
    Whiscombe

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    It looks like its the Hatsan carnivore so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW6tfYZp2rs