Thread: What is the biggest springer ever made

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've a picture of me son with a hatsan 125 along side of him and it looked ridiculous. The 135 as mentioned is a 30mm cylinder. Handled a 30 cal at my rfd, I'd say it was unusable, made a 80 feel like a rat catcher!

Here's a question because I don't know the answer. Did the whiscombe rifles stroke number i.e 55, 60, 75, 80 refer to each individual piston's stroke, or combined stroke?

The JW80 was a genuine 30ft-lb rifle by some accounts. I'm not sure that would be possible with a combined stroke of just 80mm. So was it 80mm per piston? Which would give 160mm total stroke!
    Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chip in and correct me

The Gamo 1250 Magnum has got to be amongst the biggest with its enormous bore and stroke. Bowkett told me that he came up with a .25" version to compete with the Webley Patriot in the States. It used a SuperTen bull barrel shroud and he fitted a .25" BSA barrel. Marketing decided the pricing was against it after all the modifications were made to a standard 1250. Cost would have been above the Patriot. It was ideal for poking out squirrel dreys

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    The Gamo 1250 Magnum has got to be amongst the biggest with its enormous bore and stroke. Bowkett told me that he came up with a .25" version to compete with the Webley Patriot in the States. It used a SuperTen bull barrel shroud and he fitted a .25" BSA barrel. Marketing decided the pricing was against it after all the modifications were made to a standard 1250. Cost would have been above the Patriot. It was ideal for poking out squirrel dreys
    You are right one of the biggest just behind the Patriot bore 29 mm stroke 118 mm the Patriot 30 mm bore stroke 114 mm but the 135 is bore 30 mm stroke 120 mm.