Thread: Whatsthe best HFT scope....?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar15 View Post
    Hi... Im new here and wanted to ask what the best HFT scope is.... is a lower mount, smaller objective better for HFT?

So, what do you use?
    The best scope height is the one that lets your eye come naturally into position behind the scope. If you shoulder the gun with your eyes closed then open them and you have a clear view through the scope then you have the correct scope height. A lower height flattens the curve for the closer targets at the expense of the longer, higher flattens it for the longer ones at the expense of the closer. But on conventional air-rifles the difference isn't really worth bothering about. Have a play with a bullpup if you want to see the high extreme.

The new Optisan CP range with a 32mm objective has been designed with HFT in mind and seems to be winning friends.

hft scope

use march 1 -10 x 24,with mml reticle very unfussy, use 21 yards setting at x8 which gives me best between 8- 45 yrds ,very clear 17-27 yrds which i use to range find, and a bit fussy at 15 and 35 use to range , its very expensive,but after using many scopes got fed up swopping found this to be a great scope super glass which is what you are paying for,if you get the chance to check one out do so you will see what i mean happy shooting