Evening all, thought some of you may be interested in another lockdown project I’ve just finished.
I wanted an elegant, fast handling stock for my HW77. I have always loved Ivan’s work with the Spartan stocks he creates but I’ve known Ivan long enough to know not to ask him to make one
Shaun loaned me a template Spartan stock and I took it to Warren to get duplicated.
I picked the roughed out piece up from Warren a couple of days later and made a few changes to the shape as a Spartan action and a 77 action are massively different and therefore sit differently in the stock.
Shaping done, it was then ebony capped and sanded ready for finishing.

I wanted the checkering pattern to mimic the Spartan stock that it’s based on, so I decided to skipline checker it in a similar pattern:

Then it was a case of finishing. I chose to do a semi matt and added a couple of forend stock cups.

Handling is sublime and with that little 4x32 on a low mount, it’s nigh on perfect. I’d imagine an 80/95/99 would be stunning in one of these.
I have one more stock project left to finish and then may have a look into a break barrel project.
Cheers, Craig.