Thread: WALTHER LG90 For Sale

Walther lg90 sold

SOLD Some time back I advertised some of my match rifle collection that I "needed" to reduce in numbers, but after selling that first small batch, I have impressed my wife no end by quietly gaining a few more to replace them! This was not the plan, and my wife (still unreasonably in my opinion) would really like to be able to close the door and to see the floor in some of the rooms that my collection has taken over (!) so I am reluctantly offering another one of my prized possessions for sale.

My Walther LG90 is a particularity nice example and shoots beautifully (as they all do). The metal work has no rust or any other nasty blemish and the silver mechanism of the LG90's always look good against the black barrel and loading hatch.

The wood (walnut of course!) is nice, original very nice condition, and overall this is a very good example of one of the finest SSP match air rifles ever made by the Walther factory from a period in time when their classic air rifle production was probably at its peak - and this is one of the best I have owned or seen.

The rear diopter sight is the original factory spec. and has not been changed or altered in any way as it works well and looks good. The front sight tunnel is also the distinctive rather long original type the factory chose to fit at this time and can be fitted with a glass or iron insert to give the best sight picture.

As accurate at 10 meters as any PCP match rifle, and probably better engineered than many (if not all) of its period rivals, this is a lovely classic match rifle that will probably need very little maintenance to be performing just as well in the foreseeable future without the need to refill with air (no dive cylinder needed) or monitor the changing mainspring condition (it doesn't have one!).

As an MPL legal match rifle it is pin-point accurate and would naturally be the same for bell target shooting too!

Priced to sell at £.... this is not the most expensive LG90 you will see, but it is really nice and it would probably be worth this (or more) when it is sold again in the future!

Collection would be preferred so the buyer can inspect and shoot the rifle at 10 meters on our club range on a Tuesday or Thursday evening before parting with any cash.TESTED AND COLLECTED
    Last edited by zooma; 25-02-2022 at 10:09 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Pictures of my LG90 air rifle that I have for sale have just been taken this afternoon. SOLD

Some genuine Walther rubber eye cups from this same time period were discovered this afternoon (when i was looking for something else!) that would look good on this match rifle, so I have included a picture of one fitted to the eyepiece as it can also be included in the sale.

This could be the perfect MPL match rifle for somebody, but it is an ideal 10 meter classic match rifle that could also be very effective for Bell Target shooting too!
    Last edited by zooma; 25-02-2022 at 09:53 AM.

I just spent my pocket money on an LGR. But this sounds really interesting. Hope it finds a good home

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    I just spent my pocket money on an LGR. But this sounds really interesting. Hope it finds a good home
    Thanks Dan,

I like all of the Walther SSP, but think they reached their pinnacle with the LG90........and this one has now found a good home!

Its easy to cock, adjustable and balances well - and just "feels" right!

Nice to hear from you!

Stay safe.

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 25-02-2022 at 09:56 AM.

I have just taken this super example of an LG90 out of storage, after "resting" there for some time.

Often SSP airguns need a little "encouragement" to work after a long rest (sticky valve etc) but to my pleasant surprise this one cocked, held air, and shot straight away so it is looking good.

This super classic match rifle has now been SOLD and collected.
    Last edited by zooma; 25-02-2022 at 09:56 AM.