Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police seize terrifying haul of airsoft guns...

having read it (albeit quickly) and looked at the picture... can anyone actually tell me whats illegal about the weapons... (unsure on stun guns and crossbows)...

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod177 View Post
    Was being imported from abroad......."Working with the Royal Mail and Border Force GMP intercepted weapons purchased online from abroad." Which is why when people order their firearms from abroad they run the risk of them being seized.
    Probably means it was FAC spec, if the buyer holds no cert then obviously it's illegal so I can't see why people have an issue with it being seized .

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    The picture of the policeman with the “weapons” is quite hilarious. Several gardeners would be more than happy to have some of those items and I stand to be corrected but isn’t that orange thing one of those “life hammers”? Between the two of them, the police and the media I don’t know which is worse in this case.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

Stun guns are illegal and crossbows are illegal for kids but fine for adults. Any imitation firearms might be illegal if you are not a member of an appropriate club

Most of that lot is legal as long as you don't carry them about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Is that reporter on commission for using the word 'weapon'

I hate the phrase 'Air Weapon' - it delivers a very negative connotation to people that aren't familiar with the sport.
    I think that manufacturers and publishers from the industry, and the likes of BASC should be working together to get its use stopped.

We saw what a wonderful job it did in scaring the Scottish public into agreeing to an AWL.

I don't own and, I've never owned any 'Air Weapons' - I've got a couple of Air Rifles in the cabinet.
    Agreed 100%.
    In my opinion a weapon is something that is designed to kill or injure a person.
    A kitchen knife can kill but it's not a weapon.

more rubbish press

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Probably means it was FAC spec, if the buyer holds no cert then obviously it's illegal so I can't see why people have an issue with it being seized .
    Yip fac
    Looks to me like the shotgun bottom right and the two pistols above are Umarex paintball guns
    I think in the Uk they are limited to 7 joules
    But in Europe it’s 17 joules and above and with valve parts available to go way way over
    They even sell steel impregnated solid rubber balls for these
    So just imagine getting shot at short range with a 0.50 / 0.68 solid ball At over 20 joules upwards instead of Uk legal 7 joules pistol
    That’s why they are jumping on these things

All this supposition is pointless.

Real or imitation,in the wrong hands all could be used to terrify a retail worker with little or no knowledge or interest in firearms.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    Stun guns are illegal and crossbows are illegal for kids but fine for adults. Any imitation firearms might be illegal if you are not a member of an appropriate club

Most of that lot is legal as long as you don't carry them about.
    PURLEEEEEZE tell me the difference between a 1 joule Air-soft version of, say, a Beretta 92F, that only a 'registered person' can legally buy, and a BB or pellet-firing CO2-driven version of the same pistol that looks exactly the same that anybody over the age of 18 can legally buy.......

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    Yip fac
    Looks to me like the shotgun bottom right and the two pistols above are Umarex paintball guns
    I think in the Uk they are limited to 7 joules
    But in Europe it’s 17 joules and above and with valve parts available to go way way over
    They even sell steel impregnated solid rubber balls for these
    So just imagine getting shot at short range with a 0.50 / 0.68 solid ball At over 20 joules upwards instead of Uk legal 7 joules pistol
    That’s why they are jumping on these things
    As these are sold as Home Defence guns I imagine that's rather the point.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Exactly. Apart from new firearms purchased within the uk are supposed to be face to face transaction. One reason being that the correct power goes to the correct person and the second reason that they can keep track of firearms in the uk to a certain extent. If some one buys from abroad then there is no accountability/or paper trail. If it is intercepted then it is seized. That person is highly unlikely to get it back and will be out of pocket by potentially thousands of pounds. The police will soon get miffed and stop the imports from abroad and we will end up having a licence system in place the same as scotland just because a few want to save some money. That's besides the repercussions of the imported weapons being fac or not for the recipient. This is one of the reasons Krale were told by fx to stop selling fx guns to the uk (amongst other reasons).

The knives would worry me more !!

"I hopeful that within three to four weeks we will see it slowing down. But, at the moment, we are getting 100 knives a week for the north west, from just one sorting office.

They may be cheap crap but if your stabbed with one you will bleed!

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    PURLEEEEEZE tell me the difference between a 1 joule Air-soft version of, say, a Beretta 92F, that only a 'registered person' can legally buy, and a BB or pellet-firing CO2-driven version of the same pistol that looks exactly the same that anybody over the age of 18 can legally buy.......

TIA.
    The airsoft version hurts less but isn't a firearm. The steel BB firer is powered by life-giving plant food gas while the airsoft version is powered by low pressure naffgas.
    The steel bb version gets you punched in an airsoft game.

Take your pick.