Thread: Remington Pest Controller - p.j

Remington Pest Controller - p.j

Hey up p.j.
    After such great articles and your enthusiasm for the amazingly cheap Pest Controller at Neath Gun Shop, I was determined to get one. Wanting one desperately, this virus lark delayed things, and now, I can't get one for love nor money, sold out!. The shop said they have been inundated with enquiries for Pest Controller and do not know when they will be able to get more stock in and what the future price will be. I think you may get a few free tins of pellets from them for such great advertising next time you visit.....

I know, I know, don't shout at me for straying from Superstars and dabbling in a bit of tasty Chinese......!

All the best to all.....

Remington Pest Controller - p.j

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Hey up p.j.
    After such great articles and your enthusiasm for the amazingly cheap Pest Controller at Neath Gun Shop, I was determined to get one. Wanting one desperately, this virus lark delayed things, and now, I can't get one for love nor money, sold out!. The shop said they have been inundated with enquiries for Pest Controller and do not know when they will be able to get more stock in and what the future price will be. I think you may get a few free tins of pellets from them for such great advertising next time you visit.....

I know, I know, don't shout at me for straying from Superstars and dabbling in a bit of tasty Chinese......!

All the best to all.....
    Just get yourself an old brum built supersport, i'm sure it'll control pests as good as the remmie & last longer too....

Just come form the shop, and not a Remington in sight. Doesn't look like there will be more at that price, and the Kral walnut stocked Devil with the Konus 3-9x40, bag and pellets for £165 are flying out, not to mention the Walther LGV/LGU's for £290
    Generally the shelves are very bare, not a Superstar in sight, although I did buy a very nice Theoben Countryman there last week.

I too missed out on the pest controllers for the crazy £59,99 price, I’ve bought some very nice second hand stuff from neath gun shop over the years and there’s always been something about the place for me that turns up some really nice rifles and the price is always good. New rifle prices are always hard to beat as well...

Thank you junglie for your comment. I have a fair collection of springers that would do the job. A bit confusing with the rifle called Pest Controller in my post and me not making it clear that I wanted this cheap air rifle for project/experimenting purpose.

All the best.....

If all you want it for is an experiment, then go buy a second hand SMK XS19. Same rifle without the word Remington on it and no chequering on the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnlandies View Post
    If all you want it for is an experiment, then go buy a second hand SMK XS19. Same rifle without the word Remington on it and no chequering on the stock.
    Ah, thank you for your information......

To slightly hijack the thread...(but Supersports and SMK x19s have already been mentioned..)

We've just discovered that we have a rat or 2 in the garden... I have an old (1990's) .177 SuperSport that until yesterday (checking the zero..) hasn't been fired in probably 15 years.

(Too busy with powder burners....)

I'm thinking of telling SWMBO that the SS isn't suitable, and I need a new rifle for the rats...

I was thinking about going PCP, but don't want to spend that sort of money, but I've read a lot of good reviews of the x19.... can i justify £100ish on a new .22 X19, or should I stick with the .177 Supersport...??

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    use the sport - give it a basic service, and find a wadcutter that it's accurate with - job done
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Essex Cut Price Airguns have the Pest Controller for £75. Bought one a couple of weeks ago and found them a pleasure to deal with.