Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you pay

What would you pay

For a 6 month old pro-sport walnut in 177 bearing in mind that they are just over £900 new
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    For a 6 month old pro-sport walnut in 177 bearing in mind that they are just over £900 new
    If as new or very nice then should be around £650/ £700 but unless someone is after this exact gun i think £500 tops, Defo not the right time to sell.

Cheers, its at a dealer and looks as new with a very nicely figured stock. I reckon it could be had for £650 but really I need to lie down and let the phase pass as I doubt it would get much use, but it is nice😁
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Cheers, its at a dealer and looks as new with a very nicely figured stock. I reckon it could be had for £650 but really I need to lie down and let the phase pass as I doubt it would get much use, but it is nice😁
    I fully understand but also understand that if you do such a thing you will end up scolding yourself for passing on a good opportunity ...

Cheers, Phil
    Maybe you get pellets thrown in?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I fully understand but also understand that if you do such a thing you will end up scolding yourself for passing on a good opportunity ...

Cheers, Phil
    Maybe you get pellets thrown in?

Ohh I see what you're trying to do!!😁
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Cheers, its at a dealer and looks as new with a very nicely figured stock. I reckon it could be had for £650 but really I need to lie down and let the phase pass as I doubt it would get much use, but it is nice��
    If it was a private sale £650 would a good deal From a dealer it would not surprise me if the figure was nearer £750
    Hw77+7

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    I am always a bit suspicious of top end guns S/H could be a bit of a lemon, I would pay more for a new one as you don't know if it has been messed with like cylinder bolt over tightened or dry fired etc. Over £500 not worth the risk. Get a new one if you like the PS and keep it

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    If it was a private sale £650 would a good deal From a dealer it would not surprise me if the figure was nearer £750
    Remember a dealer can't charge VAT on second hand - so at £750 that's nigh on the net price for a new one at full RRP. So that would basically be full price, but no cut to the Treasury. Not great, especially when you can pick them up new for around £830. Again there is always a risk with 2nd hand and a possibly unknown fettling history. At £650 from the dealer should be okish if it's mint, unbug**red about with and very recently made, ie 6 months (PS, I bought a new one a few weeks ago). Remember sometimes a gun may have been at a dealer a while before it was sold - especially something like an expensive Pro Sport, what with Covid going on - so is the 6 months based on production date or when it was first sold?
    Last edited by ashf9999; 29-11-2022 at 11:32 PM.

If it's out on a dealers shelf, that makes it an "ex-display model" that could have had hundreds of sweaty paws on it, so shouldn't be charged at full retail anyway,

If it's "new" it should still be in a sealed box from the factory

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Ask them to let you have it for a few days to try it out, or let you have it sale or return for that purpose - and get it in writing. If it's a decent gun they should not have a problem doing this, if they do have - walk away
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Ask them to let you have it for a few days to try it out, or let you have it sale or return for that purpose - and get it in writing. If it's a decent gun they should not have a problem doing this, if they do have - walk away
    Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm actually leaning towards a purchase at this point in time which is surprising for me as I never realised I wanted one until the other day!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

price of air arms guns lately has went right up

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I am always a bit suspicious of top end guns S/H could be a bit of a lemon, I would pay more for a new one as you don't know if it has been messed with like cylinder bolt over tightened or dry fired etc. Over £500 not worth the risk. Get a new one if you like the PS and keep it

Doesn't bother me as ill probably take it to bits anyway and I can do a lot of fixing for £250. I would be very surprised if it had been messed with though.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

We have a PS in .177 with Walnut stock. Not unmarked but very nice. The stock was damaged but now has a replacement stock.
    The photos are with snapped stock. Can do some with replacement stock if interested.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/SV6ypbxpMMYinXKGA

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    price of air arms guns lately has went right up
    Indeed. If you look at the price of a standard TX200 in say 2017, Gun Mart had that down as £355. The Bank of England inflation calculator should put it at £433 now, but the RRP is £699 - £266 more than it 'should' be. Pro Sport is worse... Having bought both recently (not at RRP - not sure who does) I can confirm they are very expensive.