Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 397P Phase 1

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    That's a keeper AllanM, the new equivalent versions now have plastic stocks.
    That's interesting, I didn't know they had succumbed to plastic stocks -- Balistas have them in stock for 240 Euros, probably even cheaper at Walmart!
    I know the C9A series are not as collectable (yet!) as the more graceful C pumpers but they shoot just as well as the older models.

Thanks I don't think I've visited that site before, it says wood stock models are out of stock but they have the plastic ones.

I recieved the silencer adaptor and I was looking forward to using it this weekend but unfortunately the lip on the underside stops it sliding on the barrel and needs about 5mm removing.

I added an Allen stock shell holder I usually use for co2 bulbs, this is ideal for keeping pellgun oil with the rifle, vital for all that pumping. Also spent shotgun cartridges which hold around 50 pellets.
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 11-07-2020 at 08:21 PM.

I was lucky to get a response from here on the wanted section for a mount. I've mounted an old red dot from JS Ramsbottom, it's light and short so it shouldn't put too much pressure on the barrel.

I've also found another project from Kempton Park arms fair. A Benjamin EB20 which is leaking. I'll post some pictures of it stripped, it might be of help to someone wanting to reseal theirs.

It's leaking out the barrel, the piercing pin is wobbly, internal valve seal joining the two halves is squashed as is the original rubber powerlet seal. The two cam plate and cover screw heads were stripped which isn't a problem as you can remove the pellet probe by undoing the lug from inside. Then I drilled the screws out, they needed removing as the bolt probe is a little floppy when closed and the cam can now be adjusted. Finding new screws isn't as easy as I first thought. So far I've spent some time cleaning everything up and polishing the seal mating surfaces. The casting marks are terrible on these guns with a deep groove on the sear, I've smoothed this out and a little grease should help reduce the heavy trigger.
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 21-07-2020 at 01:54 PM.

looks in reasonable condition but looks like your missing the front of the valve unless you didn't lay it out
    when you build it up to ensure the valve port lines up with the barrel port the dot at the rear of the valve should be at the 3 o clock position
    i still have a few silencer adapters for these i think as well

Well spotted ped I forgot to put that in. It's in good condition probably had a bulb left in and put back in the box to damage the seals. Thanks for the heads up on aligning the port! I will have a silencer adaptor if you find one I know these guns are loud.
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 21-07-2020 at 02:42 PM.

i'll sort one out when i get back
    you have to remove it to fit a cart and it involves a new co2 cap but they look very much neater than those fugly ones on the bay that you got for the 397

Sounds great. Cheers.

The seals and .20 pellets arrived this morning and I was able to put it back together fairly quickly.

New piercing pin/inlet valve
    3 valve orings
    Pellet probe oring
    Polyurethane powerlet seal

It's holding air and shooting strongly. I will definitely need a moderator adaptor, it would be too loud for a garden.
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 23-07-2020 at 04:37 PM.

i found a few for the eb's before i went fishing

Hi Ped I hope you had a good time fishing. I'll send you a PM might need a service kit for a Sharp Innova and poly powerlet seals

to get it to fit tight against the foresight i'd have to mill a recess into the pivot plug front
    Last edited by --ped--; 27-07-2020 at 01:24 PM.

eb type