Tonight I stripped the Sheridan C-Series down to try and find out why it's only producing 7-8 Ft-lbs. I am hoping fresh seals and a thorough clean will bring the power up. I would appreciate any suggestions.

All the seals looked original so it was due a refresh. It did strip down quite easily apart from the end plug which was in tight and I had to be careful not to damage the finish. A hair dryer, WD40 and gentle tapping eventually got it moving. Thankfully the valve nut and valve thread was in good condition and unscrewed by hand using the valve tool. Perhaps it may have been a little too loose and allowed air to escape away from the port?

The front valve seal (black plastic) was in pieces but I don't think it was a problem because it held air for months, but could it allow air to escape back down the cylinder when the valve is unseated?

The hammer was covered in thick hardened grease, although it may have slowed the hammer it wasn't an issue because it dumped all the air on firing.

I noticed there are two holes at the back of the valve and I wondered if this is for a lower power/restricted model?

The inlet seal was in good condition and the usually heavy oxidation was present over the internals.

The trigger looks like it has been modified to lighten It, I don't remember seeing later ones with these fitted?