Thread: Benjamin 397P Phase 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    the early ones did along with a stronger lever my 64 came with an adj piston but my 67 was a fixed one till i made it adjustable (fps readings are for the 67 one but my 64 is near enough the same )
    they can be scoped easily by using a Mac1 style mount but i have some brass rails made to solder onto the barrel that one day i'll fit so pistol scopes can be used in the scout position

Well done Ped you seem to sort out all the flaws.

I might give the Mac1 mount a try.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    the early ones did along with a stronger lever my 64 came with an adj piston but my 67 was a fixed one till i made it adjustable (fps readings are for the 67 one but my 64 is near enough the same )
    they can be scoped easily by using a Mac1 style mount but i have some brass rails made to solder onto the barrel that one day i'll fit so pistol scopes can be used in the scout position

not really flaws more going back to the stronger earlier design which was replaced with more cost effective part design
    the Mac1 steroids use the earlier beefier part idea coupled with newer type valve stem and inlet and a stronger pivot plug

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    Hi Ped I have heard about the Mac1 mount but I can't find the one for our pre 88 Streaks?
    The one he sells now is only for the later models with thicker barrel.
    Perhaps this mounts caused barrel separation in the earlier guns too?
    I am breaking my head on how to scope my Silver Streak lol.

the thinner barrel diameter is the benjamin model 317 and early 347 Louis,all the ,20 and .22 have the same od barrel
    the baker mount was originally the ballistic enterprises mount ,Greg Lundy i think made them when i got one for a later c9a
    i made a two piece one for my gs397 which has the same breech as a c9

Aha, thanks for clarifying that Ped.
    The mount base you made looks nice.
    It's soldered on?
    I could try to secure the intermount with Loctite 380, but I think that would be a nasty thing to do. Might work though.

no it clamps on like the Baker/BE1 mount

Nice Ped, I'm sure if you made a few to sell people would want them!