Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 397P Phase 1

same internals and should be a bit more powerfull due to the larger cal James
    i wonder though if the porting was inc to allow for the larger cal
    my thoughts are not as they do like to standardise parts

I should have check the TP but I hope the new chronograph will work okay with co2, I've had that problem before.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    same internals and should be a bit more powerfull due to the larger cal James
    i wonder though if the porting was inc to allow for the larger cal
    my thoughts are not as they do like to standardise parts

a bit of paper between the chrono and the muzzle can help stop false readings

Thanks I'll try that.

a bit of paper between the chrono and the muzzle can help stop false readings

Tdr

A few pics of my take down rifles.
    .177 Gunpower Stealth
    Zeroed it at 25 meters and after polishing the internal, replacing the old style hammer with the later snug fitting one and new breech orings, it's shooting well.

.22 Gunpower Stealth

.22 Logun S-16

I bought from a member on here, it needed a re-seal and had a cocking issue. I stripped it, polished the internals and sent it off to the Logun-ator to work his magic. It's now silky smooth and one of my most accurate rifles.

Last edited by ratbuster2240; 04-07-2021 at 07:37 PM.

.22 AA s410 TDR

Hi James, thank you for sharing photos of your great collection of take down rifles.
    I have none! Should perhaps get one. It would make transportation of guns to the range (aka my parents' big garden) easier.
    Am I right in thinking that your airgun passions are pumpers and take down rifles?
    Or do you have some more categories up your sleeve?

Iirc, we were discussing Innova's in this thread a while ago. Would be interesting to see what you bought in the meantime.
    Yesterday, I finally "saw the light" with one of mine.
    I had previously had the dreadful and distasteful idea of using a modern 4-16x44 SF scope on it.
    It did give me the opportunity to see what the gun is capable of, accuracy wise, but it just wasn't right.
    I had also fitted a camo stock extender.
    Now it's back to eighties style.
    Short stock, but it's fine. Looks so much better, imo.
    4x20 Mars scope, which is good in comparison with most of my other 4x20's.
    The eyepiece extender helps.
    I always shoot with 4 pumps (nice and lazy), which gives 686 ft/s with 8.44 gr JSB's. 8.8 ft/lbs.

Cheers, Louis

Great to hear from you Louis!

There's quite a few more take down air rifles I would like to own like the Alros Trailsman and Skan. I have a nice take down Marlin .22lr it's an auto loader but very accurate. I'd post a pic but I think that's only allowed in the firearms section.

I have the the same issue with the Benjamin's and Sheridan's they are best with open sights but they are so accurate you need a scope to appreciate it. Your collection of pumpers really suit the slim 20mm tubes and it takes you back to that era.

I'm very impressed you're getting 9fpe with only 4 pumps and it's a .177.

I have become a fan of the Beeman Blue Ribbon short scopes they are are very short but a little chunky. They are made in Japan and the instruction say the lenses are made in the same factory as Canon and Nikon.

I recently found an SS2 3x21 1986 to go with my SS1 2.5x16 1981 on my Benji 342.

I've been looking for a sensibly priced Innova after regretting selling mine. I went to see one but the pump linkage was so worn it was flopping around.

Then at Kempton Park Arms Fair this weekend I found one for sale from an airgunbbs member.

I think its a mk1. It doesn't have a safety catch, although many were removed, the breech doesn't have mk11 on it, but it does have a rubber recoil pad.

I'm going to swap the forend to an original and fit some upgrades I've been collecting up.

A new alloy breech and a Sportsmatch one piece cut away mount I found at a previous Kempton Park arms fair.

After 40 years the inevitable has happened, the plastic pivot plug has broken. But I finally got to fit the alloy one that's threaded for a moderator. Thanks to Louis and his Sharp enthusiast contacts.

Currently fitted with a Nikko Stirling Gold Crown 1.5 -5x20. I've owned from new for about 10 years and have been unable to find another. Also fitted is a very short Huggett Belita Atom which helps reduce the muzzle crack but only a little.

I'm looking forward to getting the alloy breech on but not looking forward to removing the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    I'm looking forward to getting the alloy breech on but not looking forward to removing the barrel.
    I removed one years ago and it was glued in so will be fun, if you're not bothered about the old receiver, put the one pice mount on the front and crank up the bolts
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Thanks MartynB, I'll soak in boiling water and use a hair dryer. Hopefully it will soften the glue enough, of not it will have to be brute force.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I removed one years ago and it was glued in so will be fun, if you're not bothered about the old receiver, put the one pice mount on the front and crank up the bolts
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 06-07-2021 at 07:16 PM.

hot water usually softens them to remove it
    i've fitted an ally breech to one of mine and have another ready to fit if i can find where i put the release plate for it
    i've a harper .25 barrel for an innova i'm planning on fitting to it

A .25 sounds nice Ped. I do like hearing the thwack of the heavier calibres at close range. I've never owned a .25 though.

Is the release plate the L shaped sear? If it is chambers have them in stock, I bought one recently. I was told by Colin-g you do need these later sears to fit the alloy breech.

hot water usually softens them to remove it
    i've fitted an ally breech to one of mine and have another ready to fit if i can find where i put the release plate for it
    i've a harper .25 barrel for an innova i'm planning on fitting to it