Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 397P Phase 1

Northwest Airguns channel is great he does the best tutorials.

I'm collecting a few parts up for an Innova project and I was looking for an aluminium breech which I could only find in Asia. Louisvanhovell very kindly put me in touch with another enthusiast that imported them. I'm very pleased with how well made and nicely finished they are.

I also got the aluminium front pivot plug which allows a moderator to be fitted.

He also has an improved valve that has two outer orings for a better seal and a stronger stainless steel valve stem.

did you get it from Mike as he originally sorted them 3-4yrs ago
    i see they've added the grub screw fixings now for the barrel ,originally they were a bond in barrel's and i made them a grubscrew fitting with o rings on the barrel either side of the port

Hi Ped I hope you've had some luck out fishing.

These are lovely breeches I hope it fits okay. I got it from a very nice gentleman called Steve?

I have no other parts to offer up to the breech yet but I think the third grub screw will crush the plastic barrel sleeve?

The orings on the barrel either side of the port sounds like a good idea and better than being bonded. I'll be needing a reseal kit off you if you have them.

Thanks for the heads up on the books and channel. I will be making notes and having a think.... the Sheridans are beautiful (always wanted one) but the Crosman and Daisy pump ups were the rifles that I had as a youth. Thanks again I will be looking more into this.

Enjoy your Crosman and Daisy multi pumps they are very addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the books and channel. I will be making notes and having a think.... the Sheridans are beautiful (always wanted one) but the Crosman and Daisy pump ups were the rifles that I had as a youth. Thanks again I will be looking more into this.

James I have located an Innova .22 in parts for you from a very nice bbs member.
    Will message you tonight. Going for a long walk now. Just wanted to share the joy lol!

That's great thank you Louis! Enjoy the sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    James I have located an Innova .22 in parts for you from a very nice bbs member.
    Will message you tonight. Going for a long walk now. Just wanted to share the joy lol!

I can't think of a more fitting compact scope for a MSP than the Beeman short scope series. This one is 2.5 x 16 and it's hard to believe its nearly 40 years old.

Although it's in a box, it's missing the pins that you can change to fit different rails. It's currently sat canted. It would be a great help if anyone has a set of pins they can send me the measurements so I can make a pair.

I still have the original Beeman box, just not the scope

Will have a look around as sure I should have a bag with spacers but if found earmarked for Colin G
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Personally I think 4x20 scopes look best on an Innova.
    However, I find it much much nicer to shoot with a 4x40 scope.
    The Nikko Stirling 4x20 has milky glass.
    The (period) Tasco 4x40 has very nice glass. Such a difference. I can finally see things lol.
    So for me it's the 4x40 now. Japanese made, AG4x40WA.

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Personally I think 4x20 scopes look best on an Innova.
    However, I find it much much nicer to shoot with a 4x40 scope.
    The Nikko Stirling 4x20 has milky glass.
    The (period) Tasco 4x40 has very nice glass. Such a difference. I can finally see things lol.
    So for me it's the 4x40 now. Japanese made, AG4x40WA
    I have what looks like a new unused Tasco 4x32AG, used one of one of my ealier Innova's
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Thank you MartynB, I did contact ColinG to see if he has a spare pin.
    Even if I could borrow one I could attempt making one.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I still have the original Beeman box, just not the scope

Will have a look around as sure I should have a bag with spacers but if found earmarked for Colin G
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 21-04-2021 at 05:24 PM.

The 4x20's do look sleek. I still can't believe how short the SS1 is even when compared to a Simmons 1.5-5x20.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I have what looks like a new unused Tasco 4x32AG, used one of one of my ealier Innova's

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    Thank you MartynB, I did contact ColinG to see if he has a spare pin.
    Even if I could borrow one I could attempt making one.
    I'm sure I've got them somwhere, I do have a Gamekeeper as well which am sure is same model as one of Beeman SS, really cracking little scopes, incredibly clear