Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 397P Phase 1

Another lovely scope I think also made by Hakko? You don't see them come up for sale as much probably because even after several decades they are still crystal clear.

The SS1 doesn't have an adjustable objective like the Optima, but it still seems to focus down to 5 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I'm sure I've got them somwhere, I do have a Gamekeeper as well which am sure is same model as one of Beeman SS, really cracking little scopes, incredibly clear
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 21-04-2021 at 05:50 PM.

It seems for an 11mm rail I would require these sized pins. Confirmation would be helpful.

Crosman

Lovely job nice looking gun enjoy

Thank you Waltherfan, I think they are good looking and I get a lot of enjoyment out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltherfan View Post
    Lovely job nice looking gun enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    Another lovely scope I think also made by Hakko? You don't see them come up for sale as much probably because even after several decades they are still crystal clear.

The SS1 doesn't have an adjustable objective like the Optima, but it still seems to focus down to 5 yards.
    I think the SS I had was zoom and AG but really clear, saying that, they weren't cheap !
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I have fitted a pair of spacer pins to the SS1 which solves the canting issues on 11mm rails.
    I then tried it on the 342 with the Mac1 scope mount and it works great. I can still pump it up with my hand in the correct place and without holding onto the scope, it's tight but there's just enough room.

I had a great day at Kempton Park Arms Fair on Sunday and I picked up a Benjamin 392G made in 1991. Cosmetically it's in great condition but it hadn't been used for a long time. It had a stuck powerlet and the seals were in bad shape.

I'm a big fan of these Racine made guns and one in .22 should make good power when it's up and running.

The Benjamin doesn't look like it's been opened up before but it was common for the powerlet to get stuck and the inlet seal to be damaged. I think this one may have had this happen early on in it's life and just left with it stuck.

The Daisy powerlet was well and truly stuck and the seal disintegrated.
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 04-05-2021 at 12:04 AM.

Nice buy ratbuster.

Quite rare with the black finish, they are usually nickel.

Thanks Allan, I haven't seen many come up for sale in nickel or black. I nearly didn't buy it, but it was still there at the end of the day so I couldn't leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
    Nice buy ratbuster.

Quite rare with the black finish, they are usually nickel.

Previous threads pics show some lovely examples, interesting mount
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I'm pleased you like them MartynB. The Mac1 mount is well made and only makes contact with the barrel and not the cylinder. I put a piece of electrical tape underneath to protect the finish and help it clamp tightly.

Previous threads pics show some lovely examples, interesting mount

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    I'm pleased you like them MartynB. The Mac1 mount is well made and only makes contact with the barrel and not the cylinder. I put a piece of electrical tape underneath to protect the finish and help it clamp tightly.
    I was going to ask how the mount clamped, looks to be really nice engineering, was it expensive ? From America ?

nice find James

Cheers Paul I hope you've managed to have time away from the workshop for fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    nice find James

They are $50 from Mac1airguns, Tim doesn't ship to UK anymore but if you know anyone over there that can forward it. Its a good design because it can be cantilevered over the breech or set further forward for a pistol scope.

I was going to ask how the mount clamped, looks to be really nice engineering, was it expensive ? From America ?