Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 397P Phase 1

I cleaned up all of the internals ensuring the seal faces are smooth. You can see the 3 valve stems Discovery, AS2250 and the original, The discovery has a slimmed neck, which should give a power increase. The original rubber inlet seal is replaced with one in Polyurethane.
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 14-01-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Very nice!
    James, I am glad to give my spare brass valve part to you.
    Just send me your address.
    There is one "but": it might have a different (smaller) diameter of the "tunnel" for the valve stem. Not sure.
    Another option would be to have the two holes in your valve part threaded and closed with a grub screw, as Ped cleverly indicated.
    Personally I don't have those skills, but perhaps someone can help.
    Anyway, if you want my part, just pm me your address. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Very nice!
    James, I am glad to give my spare brass valve part to you.
    Just send me your address.
    There is one "but": it might have a different (smaller) diameter of the "tunnel" for the valve stem. Not sure.
    Another option would be to have the two holes in your valve part threaded and closed with a grub screw, as Ped cleverly indicated.
    Personally I don't have those skills, but perhaps someone can help.
    Anyway, if you want my part, just pm me your address. Cheers
    A generous offer Louis, very interesting thread on guns from yesteryear
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I appreciate the help! There's plenty of old guns out there that give modern guns a run for their money.

I think the hole is 4mm in the holder. I will see what power it gives once it's back together.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    A generous offer Louis, very interesting thread on guns from yesteryear

someone was making the valve bodies in the UK(and i don't mean the robber as his stuff is hit and miss)
    i have made exhaust bodies in the past and have given old damaged ones new life by re threading the shank but it meant making a tool for that specific gun
    the body prting does vary in size from the bengy single big hole with an alignment tab to twin holes and there is at least two port sizes on the quad holed bodies

Thanks Ped lots of variations then, critical when it comes to getting the power right.

I'm trying get the power up 2 -3 fpe but if I install a different valve body I then might be trying to get the power down by 2-3 fpe.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    I appreciate the help! There's plenty of old guns out there that give modern guns a run for their money
    In the later 80's I had a Sharp Ace that was very accurate, hardly missed anything it, I managed to get one of Col G on here
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

That's nice you found another one they are superior air rifles and rare to find.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    In the later 80's I had a Sharp Ace that was very accurate, hardly missed anything it, I managed to get one of Col G on here

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    That's nice you found another one they are superior air rifles and rare to find.
    I was lucky, from Col adding the advert to payment was less than 20 minutes

getting power down is easy with a lighter spring and an iternal spring adjuster that makes the gun valve lock and gives two shots
    my adj piston ones fitted with my light spring and adj give two 600fps shots on 10 pumps using the 14.3 heavy pellets
    i made a load for a chap on here but he never got back to me for them

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    getting power down is easy with a lighter spring and an iternal spring adjuster that makes the gun valve lock and gives two shots
    my adj piston ones fitted with my light spring and adj give two 600fps shots on 10 pumps using the 14.3 heavy pellets
    Can I buy a few please Ped? :-)

i'll need to make some more and order more springs mate as the chap i made these for has been in contact

Genius! Must be nice having a back up shot.

i'll have a few available shortly

Does the second shot vary much in FPS or have you managed to adjust it as close to the first?

i'll have a few available shortly