Thread: HW 100 Valuation

HW 100 Valuation

Hi Guys
    I have been offered a hw 100 in .22. The gun is in excellent condition. I have checked the serial number on the weihrauch website which indicates that it was manufactured in 2004/ 2005. Has anyone an idea of what would be a good price for an hw 100 of this age?
    Kind regards in advance.

If it’s not quick fill I wouldn’t pay above £400 otherwise perhaps £500
    A Wise Man Can Act A Fool, A Fool Can Not Act Wise

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    From memory this was the year it was realised and early models had quite a few issues.

Not until Weihrauch released a sort of MK2 where those issues fixed.

Personally I would buy a newer model.
    Master Debater

id not give more then 370 for it

If it's non quickfill and doesn't have a moderator then it'll be quite an early one and as such won't be worth the usual £450-550 range. Maybe £350-375 factoring in a light service?

These guns are quite easy to work on, availability of spare parts is good and there is nothing that can’t be sorted. With a new one coming in at about eight and a half hundred quid I think you would be very lucky to get it for £400. I have a similar rifle, although I bought a quick fill cylinder for it, and I wouldn’t let it go for anywhere near that
    Last edited by ken69; 23-07-2020 at 07:38 PM.

I've seen newer quick fill models with scopes etc fro £450/500, Myself £300/£350 would be max, For another 50 to 100 quid more I would rather something a lot newer and with quick fill, Get it on the crono as the hw100 have many know problems,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    I've seen newer quick fill models with scopes etc fro £450/500, Myself £300/£350 would be max, For another 50 to 100 quid more I would rather something a lot newer and with quick fill, Get it on the crono as the hw100 have many know problems,
    Thank you all for your comments, it is much appreciated. Looks like any where between £350- £400.
    I haven’t looked, does anyone know What I can expect to pay for a hw 100 quick refill cylinder. Are they only available through hull cartridge?

I have been watching the forum and other advert places for the last couple of years and I have never seen any for sale that is £350!! I might have missed them if there was but can anyone honestly say or prove that they have seen secondhand hw100 on this forum in good condition for less then £500! The last couple I got had faults and marks for £450. If it is really good condition even with the age I value it at £500.
    If he is not your mate then you could offer him a cheap amount and you might get a bargain, but as for value I am sticking with £500.

They pop up in the sales section here from time-to-time although posting one could be difficult. There are good alternatives like A&M's aluminium cylinder and I'd suggest one of those instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Twearly View Post
    Thank you all for your comments, it is much appreciated. Looks like any where between £350- £400.
    I haven’t looked, does anyone know What I can expect to pay for a hw 100 quick refill cylinder. Are they only available through hull cartridge?
    Quite a few people retro fit lightweight alloy cylinders to their HW100 so the odd one or two Weihrauch quick fill cylinders do come up for sale secondhand. Saying that, I haven’t noticed one on this site for a while. Weihrauch recommend they are retested after 10 years and have a 20 year life before they are supposed to be destroyed. New lightweight cylinders used to be about £120 ready to fit

Try a wanted ad on here and see what comes up

Just noticed Snapshots reply, he must have posted it while I was writing this, I agree with his comments

Quote Originally Posted by Twearly View Post
    If you are already thinking of buying a cylinder then you might as well leave the deal and buy a different gun. Unless of course you can buy it really cheap. A good nick hw100 will be worth around £550
    A Wise Man Can Act A Fool, A Fool Can Not Act Wise