Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air tanks

Quote Originally Posted by niloc View Post
    Well, you are "the fella from Scotland who knows it all".
    Hate to say it, but, I told you so!
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Scubashot View Post
    This only applies to oxygen cylinders which present a greater risk of fire, hence the suggestion to avoid smoking.
    The cylinders being used by airgunners are unsurprisingly compressed air cylinders.
    These contain only 21% oxygen and therefore represent no greater fire risk than the surrounding atmosphere.
    It is obviously prudent to follow the guidelines regarding transport of any high pressure vessel but the contents make a significant difference to the risk and therefore the regulations that apply.
    Exactly this, air is not explosive, oxygen is. Every time you put a pcp in your car you are carrying a cylinder at 200 bar!
    mk2 rapid.22

Oxygen is not explosive but it is the vital ingredient that allows combustion of many materials to take place.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    A Firearm enquiry officer once suggested it could invalidate my motor insurance...
    MUST be TRUE then.

After all, anything that just might be agin the law is DEFINITELY against the law if airgunners are involved.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    MUST be TRUE then.

After all, anything that just might be agin the law is DEFINITELY against the law if airgunners are involved.
    Actually he might be correct. It depends on what an insurance company considers is a "material fact" and how it affects their underwriting perspective.

It may affect your home, motor and business insurances so if in doubt, declare and get a ref number and record date and time etc.

Just describe it as a scuba tank used for surface air only. Most of the peeps you will talk to will know what scuba is but wont understand the damage a 230 or 300 bar will do if it goes pop so it should be simple.

Re OP original... if your transporting tie it down for worst case such as the car rolling. Display a sticker .... if I was emergency services, and the car is on fire, I would like to know what I am up against. Not to do so may not breach laws or regs but its pretty damned stupid and selfish to endanger peoples lives in the execution of their job.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    I wonder what the recommendations would be from someone like Best Fittings, seeing as the sell tanks and charging equipment.
    Now that I think about it, I may even have seen green cylinder stickers on their stall at the Shooting Show (tho' my memory has been known to play up from time to time)

Clogger

Quote Originally Posted by CLOGGER View Post
    I wonder what the recommendations would be from someone like Best Fittings, seeing as the sell tanks and charging equipment.
    Now that I think about it, I may even have seen green cylinder stickers on their stall at the Shooting Show (tho' my memory has been known to play up from time to time)

Clogger
    Best Fittings are a BUSINESS so they would have to comply with regs that apply to a business.

Private individuals are a different thing.

Either way, warbing others there to help would let me sleep nights.

As another poster mentioned, the awareness that there is a pressurised vessel may make them hold back or go about it in a different was.

Its a bit of a rock and a hard place.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Best Fittings are a BUSINESS so they would have to comply with regs that apply to a business.

Private individuals are a different thing.

Either way, warbing others there to help would let me sleep nights.

As another poster mentioned, the awareness that there is a pressurised vessel may make them hold back or go about it in a different was.

Its a bit of a rock and a hard place.
    Do you see them on the back of LPG cars?

No need for a green sticker but it is considered best practice, I've been a diver for over 15 years.