Thread: Just in a 1920 BSA Light with 21b three position aperature sight

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just in a 1920 BSA Light with 21b three position aperature sight

One of my early acquisitions was a BSA Standard 1924. Have been looking for a Light to go along with it for 4 years. In the US these are just not a easy find. Have seen a few but nothing that seemed “right” for the money. Saw this one last week on a auction site and fell in love. It arrived today and it’s one of those that looks better in person than the pics. This is a 100 year old gun and you would never believe it. Certainly is not perfect but has just enough wear that you know it’s real and original. Love the forged metal trigger guard, the last year for them. First BSA I have ever held with the etching intact! A little faded but it’s there and probably confirms its not been touched. The bonus was the 21b aperature sight. They were not made after WW1 so someone must have bought old stock and added it? Doesn’t look like a factory mount? I’m amazed how small and intricate it is. As good of shape as the rifle. Not sure the mounting job was that well done. Slight split in wood where screw went in. Will have to look at that and repair. It looked so big in the posted pics but it really is so small you barely see it. Shoots with authority so should be fun. But this one is a bit of a treasure to me, certainly worth the wait.

Looks like the trigger pull weight is on the stock but can’t read it yet? Maybe you guys in the know can see it?

Used Renaissance Wax on the metal to preserve the etching? Any other thoughts for preserving it?

https://imgur.com/gallery/GLvXWJB
    Last edited by 45flint; 08-07-2020 at 08:04 PM.