Thread: Hw97 centenery valuation

Hw97 centenery valuation

My mate is looking to sell his green laminate stocked hw97 centenery in . 22cal. like all his guns they are in beautiful condition. How much is it worth chaps? He said its number 159 out of 500.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    My mate is looking to sell his green laminate stocked hw97 centenery in . 22cal. like all his guns they are in beautiful condition. How much is it worth chaps? He said its number 159 out of 500.
    Mine is no 147, My mate not long sold one for 250 with the knife, But , And a big but, The scope that was on it was worth more than that, It was to a mate though, Its a hard one really, Mine is still in box complete and I have asked the same question over the years but its only now that they coming of age where you don't see them very often, No real previous prices to go buy but boxed complete , knife etc, I would say £400/£450 , possibly £500 if someone wanted one bad, Seems a lot I suppose but most underlever guns now seem about that price new now, Only time will tell as they get older if they will increase or not,

Usally fetch a little less than price of a new 97
    So between £325 and £375
    And not the most wanted gun being in .22

It's a pity it's number 159...
    The even numbers fetch more
    Last edited by Rocket launcher; 09-07-2020 at 07:23 AM.

I bought mine 5months ago without knife and box for £300.
    .22 Winner 2014 World HFT Championships (S400)
    Recoiling Winner 2017 World HFT Campionships (HW97k)
    HFT England team 2018, 2019, 2020 (Rhino enhanced HFT500)

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    They are not "that" special, so even like new they are not a good buy compared to a "new" HW97 with a warranty for example, so I'd say £350/400 at the top end.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
    Usally fetch a little less than price of a new 97
    So between £325 and £375
    And not the most wanted gun being in .22

It's a pity it's number 159...
    The even numbers fetch more
    Why do even numbers fetch more???
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Why do even numbers fetch more???
    It's a psychological thing our brains process even numbers more easily than odd numbers, and that this increased fluency translates as liking for the product.
    So persons unknowingly will pay more for an object for an item with an even serial number

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    It's a psychological thing our brains process even numbers more easily than odd numbers, and that this increased fluency translates as liking for the product.
    So persons unknowingly will pay more for an object for an item with an even serial number
    You may be technically correct with the science, but I've never seen any proof of it applied to guns or we would not have an HW97 etc.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

In my opinion their not that special, just a laminate stock. £300 for the gun on it's own.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Hmmmm, I must be the excetion that proves the rule because I couldn't give hoot whether something I wanted even had a serial number!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    In my opinion their not that special, just a laminate stock. £300 for the gun on it's own.

John
    Agree, was it meant to be looked at rather than shot ?
    Hw77+7

Thanks for the replies chaps. He asked me what it was worthb but id no idea how much these limited editions fetch. I have relayed your replies to him. Thanks again. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Thanks for the replies chaps. He asked me what it was worthb but id no idea how much these limited editions fetch. I have relayed your replies to him. Thanks again. Chris
    Only thing bud, Being the mk1 97 they do shoot a hell of a lot better than the newer 97 and would have been made when the guns seemed to have been better quality, Even though I have one I think weihrauch missed the trick, Should have been a walnut stock not laminate one, Going by the hw100 they still ain't learnt,