Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police seize terrifying haul of airsoft guns...

Police seize terrifying haul of airsoft guns...

Thank God these awful weapons have been taken off the streets.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...sbows-18551137
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Police seize terrifying haul of airsoft guns...

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thank God these awful weapons have been taken off the streets.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...sbows-18551137
    I think a photo of the reporter would make a better deterant than any of the weapons.....looks like rupert murdochs ugly brother.

I live in south Manchester .

I’ll get the Mrs to walk the dog tonight I think ..

Is that reporter on commission for using the word 'weapon'

I hate the phrase 'Air Weapon' - it delivers a very negative connotation to people that aren't familiar with the sport.
    I think that manufacturers and publishers from the industry, and the likes of BASC should be working together to get its use stopped.

We saw what a wonderful job it did in scaring the Scottish public into agreeing to an AWL.

I don't own and, I've never owned any 'Air Weapons' - I've got a couple of Air Rifles in the cabinet.

All of the above.

looks more like they raided some kids toybox
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post

We saw what a wonderful job it did in scaring the Scottish public into agreeing to an AWL.

I don't own and, I've never owned any 'Air Weapons' - I've got a couple of Air Rifles in the cabinet.
    The scottish public had no say in whether they wanted or not .

A consultation revealed 87 per cent of respondents were opposed to licensing.

The British Association of Shooting and Conservation (Basc) has also highlighted figures showing crimes involving airguns have fallen 71 per cent in the past five years.

However, justice secretary Kenny MacAskill has stressed airgun licensing “will happen”

Mr MacAskill insists it is “simply not right” for airguns to be held without licence.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...cences-2510623

It was going to happen even if 100% public was against it .

Is that reporter on commission for using the word 'weapon'

I hate the phrase 'Air Weapon' - it delivers a very negative connotation to people that aren't familiar with the sport.
    I think that manufacturers and publishers from the industry, and the likes of BASC should be working together to get its use stopped.

It's a Government classification; all guns however powered are regarded as weapons, and are quoted as such in Royal mail regulations as well.

I wonder when that undemocratic dick head Mackaskill is going to license Kitchen Knives.

Just can't trust the peasants nowadays. Grandstanding again by the police to try & frighten people into submission. And treating the masses like idiots. When they snaffle a few more 'Nerf' assault rifles I might be impressed

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    It's a Government classification; all guns however powered are regarded as weapons, and are quoted as such in Royal mail regulations as well.

I wonder when that undemocratic dick head Mackaskill is going to license Kitchen Knives.
    Macaskill won't be able to do much seeing as he is not in power now .Humza Useless has his job now.

Does this mean that an FX impact will be going to a GMP auction soon 😁

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    The scottish public had no say in whether they wanted or not .

A consultation revealed 87 per cent of respondents were opposed to licensing.

The British Association of Shooting and Conservation (Basc) has also highlighted figures showing crimes involving airguns have fallen 71 per cent in the past five years.

However, justice secretary Kenny MacAskill has stressed airgun licensing “will happen”

Mr MacAskill insists it is “simply not right” for airguns to be held without licence.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...cences-2510623

It was going to happen even if 100% public was against it .
    That's not good - I didn't know it happened like that 👎

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by svendogg View Post
    Does this mean that an FX impact will be going to a GMP auction soon 😁
    Doubt it, as its labeled as an illegal weapon on the report, more likely crushed, was properly being sent back for a warranty repair.

That's not good - I didn't know it happened like that ��
    Macaskill was going to force it through no matter what the outcome was of the consultation.

the police were against the licensing also .

We won't know until next year how many applied for a license due to people being able to hold them on their FAC or SGC certs until renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Doubt it, as its labeled as an illegal weapon on the report, more likely crushed, was properly being sent back for a warranty repair.
    Was being imported from abroad......."Working with the Royal Mail and Border Force GMP intercepted weapons purchased online from abroad." Which is why when people order their firearms from abroad they run the risk of them being seized.

Wouldn't going rfd to rfd avoid that risk?