Thread: Please stop playing with fx air rifles.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
    Rule of thumb, only try and fix something yourself if you're happy to lose it if it goes wrong.
    Yes, but happy doesnt mean qualified or with the correct knowledge. Losing a gun because you get it wrong is one thing, losing your life because you were happy is totally another thing. I ride a motorbike and it is capable of in excess of 160mph and yes i have ridden it at that speed and a bit more besides. It doesn't mean i will be entering any motogp races any time soon because i just don't have the experience or skill to do so. Riding at 170 mph in a straight line and i was very very happy (closed airfield before any one says anything). I will not be doing that with a bunch of experienced blokes/females on a race track who know what they are doing as i would be more of a danger to them and me. It really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod177 View Post
    Yes, but happy doesnt mean qualified or with the correct knowledge. Losing a gun because you get it wrong is one thing, losing your life because you were happy is totally another thing. I ride a motorbike and it is capable of in excess of 160mph and yes i have ridden it at that speed and a bit more besides. It doesn't mean i will be entering any motogp races any time soon because i just don't have the experience or skill to do so. Riding at 170 mph in a straight line and i was very very happy (closed airfield before any one says anything). I will not be doing that with a bunch of experienced blokes/females on a race track who know what they are doing as i would be more of a danger to them and me. It really is that simple.
    Fair comments
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I have learned to sort my own Springers out with good success.

I used to be a panel beater many moons ago, so I am quite happy to take some things apart. All of my rifles are Weihrauchs, Walthers, Air Arms and Dianas. I have found those easy to sort out and I am happy to sort out my friends rifles that have those makes, as I know how to confidently work on them.
    The other thing is that Springers I have worked on are so much more straightforward to work on than PCP's.

I did put a Huma regulator in my R10 which sorted the problem out that I had. Unfortunately due to working on it, it must have upset some seals as it then had a small air leak. There was no way I was going to try to fix that and sent it away to the people that know how. When I saw how many seals were in it, I was glad I did as I knew I would not confidently be able to do it.
    The people I get annoyed with are the types that just take it apart for the sake of it, then it's all ballsed up. There is a bloke at our range who does that, he thinks he does a great job, but the rifles are never the same again.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. If it is broke then make sure you know what your doing, or give it to someone who does, not the twatt at our range though.

Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

You might want to have a chat with Ernest Rowe then, advocating filling the liner sleeve with bath sealant

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    You might want to have a chat with Ernest Rowe then, advocating filling the liner sleeve with bath sealant

John
    Thanks cant wait for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    If it is broke then make sure you know what your doing, or give it to someone who does, not the twatt at our range though
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Please stop playing with fx air rifles.

Beats me how anyone could consider trying to fix the modern fx rifles considering the cost of them, that's what the guarentee is for when you buy a new pcp. I have fettled an old bam b50 daystate huntsman clone, but replaced the filler valve & later on the firing valve with genuine daystate parts.When my sons R10 had problems it went straight back to bsa twice, then on to JB after guarentee ran out to sort it.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Beats me how anyone could consider trying to fix the modern fx rifles considering the cost of them, that's what the guarentee is for when you buy a new pcp. I have fettled an old bam b50 daystate huntsman clone, but replaced the filler valve & later on the firing valve with genuine daystate parts.When my sons R10 had problems it went straight back to bsa twice, then on to JB after guarentee ran out to sort it.
    Interesting about the B50 ... I bought one several years ago and had a wonderful time adjusting it ... different transfer ports and hammer spring load. Really very easy to work on once you have stripped it a couple of times. I wanted to use a Daystate Huntsman (MK1 / 2) firing valve but could not get one from Daystate. I tried a few times, even asking directly at the Daystate stand at the Shooting Show. All details taken but heard nothing. I assumed I heard nothing because they were not available. They can be found in Canada but take some finding. Filler valve is no problem as it it a standard fitment.
    Cheers, Phil

lease stop playing with fx air rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Interesting about the B50 ... I bought one several years ago and had a wonderful time adjusting it ... different transfer ports and hammer spring load. Really very easy to work on once you have stripped it a couple of times. I wanted to use a Daystate Huntsman (MK1 / 2) firing valve but could not get one from Daystate. I tried a few times, even asking directly at the Daystate stand at the Shooting Show. All details taken but heard nothing. I assumed I heard nothing because they were not available. They can be found in Canada but take some finding. Filler valve is no problem as it it a standard fitment.
    Cheers, Phil
    I got a daystate fac valve from someone on here, will have a look at my pm's to see who it was, seem to remember they were in short supply then & that was 2 or 3 years ago.The rifles sub 12 btw before anyone pounces on the fac bit. EDIT, had a look but must have deleted the message, from memory i think it was someone xtx air put me onto, you could try him?
    Last edited by junglie; 15-07-2020 at 01:32 PM.