Thread: Please stop playing with fx air rifles.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So are you a designated fx service/ repair man then ?
    How many of them are in the uk ?

While i fully understand people saying don't mess with the gun , i always told people that use to love to do DIY then they called us to come put it right hmmm yup 3 times the prices .

My point is some rifles have to be taken out the stock to adjust the trigger so you can not moan about an owner taking a gun out of the stock may be he was adjusting the trigger and so on , and also if it was not for people playing with these guns may be you would find less or no work .

I must say i was not going to try rebluing a rifle but i was happy to strip the gun and then send the parts off and i am happy to rebuild it i find that is half the fun of owning a rifle , and to your point on people wanting to up the power i find that plain stupid because power does not make you a better shot it just means the pellet will go future but not always .

To the people wanting more power if you feel you need more power then apply for a FAC and do it legal

stay safe shoot straight

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe1966 View Post
    While i fully understand people saying don't mess with the gun , i always told people that use to love to do DIY then they called us to come put it right hmmm yup 3 times the prices .

My point is some rifles have to be taken out the stock to adjust the trigger so you can not moan about an owner taking a gun out of the stock may be he was adjusting the trigger and so on , and also if it was not for people playing with these guns may be you would find less or no work .

I must say i was not going to try rebluing a rifle but i was happy to strip the gun and then send the parts off and i am happy to rebuild it i find that is half the fun of owning a rifle , and to your point on people wanting to up the power i find that plain stupid because power does not make you a better shot it just means the pellet will go future but not always .

To the people wanting more power if you feel you need more power then apply for a FAC and do it legal

stay safe shoot straight
    Firstly taking a rifle out of the stock to adjust the trigger is fine. When they decide that they want to remove the trigger and other parts from the rifle it becomes an issue both with the warranty and with safety. When was the last time you had a loaded rifle plonked on your desk in front of you and told it doesnt shoot. Last week for me. And not just the once. How many people bring their rifle into the shop with the magazine loaded and sometimes in the rifle. At a conservative guess 50% at least of the air rifles that cross my desk. How many turn up with the safety off? How many with the safety off and hand the rifle over without confirming it is empty. Getting on for 80% at least. Have i a dents in two display cabinets due to idiots who can't even be bothered with basic safety? yes two display cabinets have dents in them due to an air rifle being discharged on the premises due to idiot customers not following basic safety rules. So if they cant follow basic safety rules what the hell are they doing taking a rifle apart to start with.
    I even had a customer state he was testing his fac air rifle on his chrono in his kitchen when it went off and he shot a hole in his window. Not sure his ticket allowed for him to discharge a fac in his house. Most, including my certificate quite clearly state it can only be used on land i have lawful authority to shoot and my ticket has no restrictions on it. I surely would not expect that to include my kitchen. People are stupid and don't think of the consequences of their actions.