Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Please stop playing with fx air rifles.

While i fully understand people saying don't mess with the gun , i always told people that use to love to do DIY then they called us to come put it right hmmm yup 3 times the prices .

My point is some rifles have to be taken out the stock to adjust the trigger so you can not moan about an owner taking a gun out of the stock may be he was adjusting the trigger and so on , and also if it was not for people playing with these guns may be you would find less or no work .

I must say i was not going to try rebluing a rifle but i was happy to strip the gun and then send the parts off and i am happy to rebuild it i find that is half the fun of owning a rifle , and to your point on people wanting to up the power i find that plain stupid because power does not make you a better shot it just means the pellet will go future but not always .

To the people wanting more power if you feel you need more power then apply for a FAC and do it legal

stay safe shoot straight

FX Dreamline .22

Hi

Sorry to jump on this thread ...

I am picking up a Dreamline .22 fac next weekend it comes with an 18 round magazine what height scope mounts will I need to clear the mag?

P.s I won't be messing with her....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe1966 View Post
    While i fully understand people saying don't mess with the gun , i always told people that use to love to do DIY then they called us to come put it right hmmm yup 3 times the prices .

My point is some rifles have to be taken out the stock to adjust the trigger so you can not moan about an owner taking a gun out of the stock may be he was adjusting the trigger and so on , and also if it was not for people playing with these guns may be you would find less or no work .

I must say i was not going to try rebluing a rifle but i was happy to strip the gun and then send the parts off and i am happy to rebuild it i find that is half the fun of owning a rifle , and to your point on people wanting to up the power i find that plain stupid because power does not make you a better shot it just means the pellet will go future but not always .

To the people wanting more power if you feel you need more power then apply for a FAC and do it legal

stay safe shoot straight
    Firstly taking a rifle out of the stock to adjust the trigger is fine. When they decide that they want to remove the trigger and other parts from the rifle it becomes an issue both with the warranty and with safety. When was the last time you had a loaded rifle plonked on your desk in front of you and told it doesnt shoot. Last week for me. And not just the once. How many people bring their rifle into the shop with the magazine loaded and sometimes in the rifle. At a conservative guess 50% at least of the air rifles that cross my desk. How many turn up with the safety off? How many with the safety off and hand the rifle over without confirming it is empty. Getting on for 80% at least. Have i a dents in two display cabinets due to idiots who can't even be bothered with basic safety? yes two display cabinets have dents in them due to an air rifle being discharged on the premises due to idiot customers not following basic safety rules. So if they cant follow basic safety rules what the hell are they doing taking a rifle apart to start with.
    I even had a customer state he was testing his fac air rifle on his chrono in his kitchen when it went off and he shot a hole in his window. Not sure his ticket allowed for him to discharge a fac in his house. Most, including my certificate quite clearly state it can only be used on land i have lawful authority to shoot and my ticket has no restrictions on it. I surely would not expect that to include my kitchen. People are stupid and don't think of the consequences of their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by mbriz View Post
    Hi

Sorry to jump on this thread ...

I am picking up a Dreamline .22 fac next weekend it comes with an 18 round magazine what height scope mounts will I need to clear the mag?

P.s I won't be messing with her....

Thanks
    High mounts. but that depends on which rifle will assume you dont have a bullpup or tactical. I have the bullpup and have mediums on it as there is a rail rather than the standard breech style. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod177 View Post
    High mounts. but that depends on which rifle will assume you dont have a bullpup or tactical. I have the bullpup and have mediums on it as there is a rail rather than the standard breech style. Hope that helps.

Hi
    Thanks for the response it's the FX .22 Dreamline Synthetic.

Hope you dont mind me jumping on this thread , i have an RWS (fx if you will) Excalibur an stands me at 90 quid , ( http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....d-with-a-lathe ) all running nice but i do find the trigger a little heavy, so my question is (actually two questions) are the triggers inherently heavy ?, the other question is does anyone have an idea to break the seal on the adjusters ,(i would guess a strong thread lock) ? thanks in anticipation,nimrod 177..
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    The other question could lead you to a possible ban on here if it involves the Anti Tamper device.

No AT (Anti-Tamper) threads/posts allowed on here
    There will not be threads or posts AT on here, several members received permanent bans, even though they lost access for the exact same thing for a few days they ignored the fact we don't want threads or posts about AT on here and started again so they are now permanently banned

We will not have the BBS brought into disrepute, this is in order to protect the long term interests of shooters by keeping the BBS going and safe from criticism.

There is no conspiracy involved, No one has asked for this subject be banned, it is a decision by the Admins simply because if a real problem arises over it then it is nothing to do with this forum.

Also this w

Altering PCP muzzle energy

The BBS general airgun section is open to non-members, and threads are also picked up by search engines. Posts describing methods of lowering PCP muzzle energy would also inform anyone reading them how to increase it, and so we will not allow any posts on the subject. The BBS mods are not alone in this; it is fairly common practice across responsible airgun forums.
    Who the hell is talking of the internals of the gun ?, all i want is a lighter crisp trigger , please dont jump the gun.

Are i think i see your mistake, i am talking about the trigger adjusters ,maybe an apology from us both.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    Hope you dont mind me jumping on this thread , i have an RWS (fx if you will) Excalibur an stands me at 90 quid , ( http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....d-with-a-lathe ) all running nice but i do find the trigger a little heavy, so my question is (actually two questions) are the triggers inherently heavy ?, the other question is does anyone have an idea to break the seal on the adjusters ,(i would guess a strong thread lock) ? thanks in anticipation,nimrod 177..
    no worries about the adjusters,i have manadge to get them moving, still would like to know if the triggers are inherently heavy ?

no worries about the adjusters,i have manadge to get them moving, still would like to know if the triggers are inherently heavy ?
    If the trigger is the same as the Cyclone & Typhoon ones (rocker type), they can be adjusted to a target style/weight by balancing the two adjuster screws (now you've got them moving!) a tip is to do it in the stock, otherwise the pins can move & drop out.

Are i think i see your mistake, i am talking about the trigger adjusters ,maybe an apology from us both.
    Yes . My mistake . Sorry .

Quote Originally Posted by mbriz View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for the response it's the FX .22 Dreamline Synthetic.
    Yep still need higher mounts as the mag is a bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod177 View Post
    Yep still need higher mounts as the mag is a bit higher.
    Thanks tried my scope on it yesterday in the shop(still awaiting variation) and with the high mounts it just works in fact you would be lucky to get a fag paper between them!

What shocked me was how light they are saying that my previous gun was a MK1 super 10.

One more question, barrel band do I need one?

Thanks for advice.
    Last edited by mbriz; 02-08-2020 at 06:32 PM.

How many people working on any type of gun are trained gunsmiths ,I would hazard a guess most are self taught engineers with the right aptitude to take anything to bits and put it back together again .
    Acta non Verba