Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Does it have to be plastic and 3D printed?

I'm envisaging a normal scope mount, just the base, with one side of the curved saddle removed, and an alloy block attached to the remaining wing of the saddle, aiming down at say 45 degrees, and kitted out with whatever platform you want to support the accessories.
Hi Rich, thanks for replying ,I wanted it in Aluminium originally, but the people ive contacted have either said they need to make a minimum batch to make it worthwhile , or they haven't replied ,this of coarse may be down to other factors but I did have a look to see if there were any currant activity on their websites or Facebook pages.
So I was hoping that 3D would be more cost effective on a one off job, at the moment it would seem not .

I realise that by asking for a one off job it won't be particularly cheap , but as far as I can see there are no comparable mounts on the UK market that acheives 30 or 45 degree settings so there's possibly a market especially in the mini rifle ,practical scene ? There are 45 degree mounts but the 30 degree setting means you don't have to twist the rifle over as much so it's quicker on timed comps and it's easier on the old next muscles !!
Also in aly and with the two bolt clamping on the Piccatinny rails it would be rock solid , some on the UK market are single bolt and not Mil spec so could possibly twist ?

I've e-mailed Johno at AJP but as yet I haven't had a reply .
Proberbly better to invest in a 3D printer and make it myself !

Regards Gordon