Thread: HW .22 barrels

HW .22 barrels

anyone else found that the modern HW .22 12 groove rifled barrels are not as accurate as the earlier 6 groove rifled barrel, over the last couple of years ive come across at least half a dozen .22 HW100's and even a few .22 HW springers with piss poor accuracy, the .177 barrels seem ok but have had one or two though that were average.

Dave.

Barrel

I also heard that the early HW100's in .22 cal were not great. The .177 fine. Mach 1.5

As Paul (Mach 1.5) says the only .22 Weihrauch Barrel issues I can think of and even experienced were early HW100.

I had a shocker of one once before

The only other barrel issues would be the early batch of the HW110 where the 1/2” thread wasn’t cut correctly which had many being replaced straight away along with a similar batch of HW100 barrels around the same time that also got sorted out under warranty or even before they were sold.

Not aware of any newer type .22 issues.

I have here a new .22 HW35 and the accuracy is not great for a HW35, we all know how accurate the HW35 can be but the one I have here is not great with any pellet choice and it does have the 12 groove rifled barrel, I do own an Early 80's HW35E and it wipes the floor with the new model.

Dave.

I had one of the early Hw 100s (when you could only get .22 ) and it was Appalling Talking about Two foot groups at 35 yds went back to Hull cartridge and they replaced all the seals and sent it back with a group they had shot at ten yards ??? Still shite at 35 yds so I pxed it for something else

I posted about this years ago with introduction of star nut barrels
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

I've got a brand new 600mm HW100 barrel (2020 prod purchased in March) waiting to be machined for a Rapid, it has a bit of a tight spot under the cross bolt slot but apparently that's a common issue and will be removed when it's trimmed.
    Even with the machining pinch pellets rod down the rest of the barrel with a more consistent feel than the two LW blanks I've had. They both appeared to open up mid-barrel.