Thread: P15

P15

I’m toying with the idea of getting a armetis p15,but before I do I would like some honest options from those of you who have one or who have had one

Good value for money, our two have been faultless in .22. However the magazine ritual is a joke, turn this, rotate that, turn it over. You should buy a CARM magazine replacement, and he does a good single shot tray too.

a good friend of mine has just bought one second hand and a local lad next to where I live called mark Dempsey has just tuned it and put a shroude on it it shoots spot on hes changed the mags for darko ones ,lovely bit of kit

There a tinkerers dream, easy to work on with lots of aftermarket parts.

Buying new is pot luck if you get a troublesome or accurate one, their very crudely made, smk do not stock spares.

Ive had two and both had issues, the last one I did get shooting well but it started to need parts and their not available, if you want something to be good out the box it may not be for you, but if you enjoy a tinker and like working on regs and barrels these can be fun, but you can plough more money/time into it and you could of bought something used of far better quality. I think their better bought used and sorted out, only issue is no warranty that route

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Made by SMK that should tell you everything you need to know

as I said my mate spent a good few quid to get it to the standard he wanted it ,but once done lovely gun

Quote Originally Posted by knighty View Post
    Made by SMK that should tell you everything you need to know
    No. they are made by SPA/Artemis. SMK doesn't make anything, they only import.
    As has been said, get a good one, then you are well away. Much the same as a FX, Daystate or anything else really.
    I bought a M30 a year ago, and it was good OTB and has performed perfectly ever since.

I have a love hate relationship with mine, I love it again now but a few weeks ago I would happily have sold it on.
    Mine needed a barrel clean with brake cleaner, repeatedly, before it shot half decent. It's also had the barrel recrowned by a gunsmith (DM80- legend) and had a few internal parts tidied up (dave did also sort out a valve pin that a I butchered). Recently put a bubble level on it and my groups have really improved, with the scope sitting quite high and it being a short gun it's easy to cant it and not realise
    As said if you don't mind a bit of potential tinkering, go for it. If you want out of the box perfection, probably not for you. I've baffled the shroud and added a blade Fatboy mod, all you can hear now is the hammer, you can make these super quiet

I have a boxed new one in .22 for sale at £400 with the better design mag, but don't fancy posting it. Was going to take it to the Kempton Park show.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Mine had a crap barrel and reg , seems a lot of them do.
    Huma reg and a cheap remachined CZ barrel sorted it.
    Had it 2 yrs and still on the oem seals.
    As for build quality i would say they are pretty good..not up to AGT ..but mine was £299 new.
    For what i need a bullpup for it does the job very well.
    Stands me at £450 ..cheaper than buying new now.
    Extremely accurate and consistent with a stellar shotcount.
    Glad i sorted it as it gives me great satisfaction using it
    now that it is as good as i can get one to shoot.
    Easily matches the Cricket now.
    Last edited by MrGreengrass; 10-07-2020 at 07:45 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Nothing wrong with smk's.
    Prefer the p10 and 12 myself but many will say shrouds are pants and mags ate to.
    Easily solved by getting carm mags and mark Dempsey shroud.
    But for the money a kral is better out the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smk View Post
    Nothing wrong with smk's.
    Prefer the p10 and 12 myself but many will say shrouds are pants and mags ate to.
    Easily solved by getting carm mags and mark Dempsey shroud.
    But for the money a kral is better out the box.
    Not so with Kral in my personal experiences. Had 2 krals from brand now. Puncher in 25 cal which was downright dangerous....crown cut half of centre of bore and at 45degrees off straight. Couldn't hit a square metre at 12 yards!
    Went back and I was given the pick of the range as an apology. I chose a 22 puncher breaker synth... Very accurate and obviously hand pick by supplier. 2 weeks of freat shooting.
    And then it pissed air from every joint, fill port etc. Gave up on it.
    Replaced it with a p10 and that so good I've got it undergoing a 20 cal conversion and also bought a p15.

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Not so with Kral in my personal experiences. Had 2 krals from brand now. Puncher in 25 cal which was downright dangerous....crown cut half of centre of bore and at 45degrees off straight. Couldn't hit a square metre at 12 yards!
    Went back and I was given the pick of the range as an apology. I chose a 22 puncher breaker synth... Very accurate and obviously hand pick by supplier. 2 weeks of freat shooting.
    And then it pissed air from every joint, fill port etc. Gave up on it.
    Replaced it with a p10 and that so good I've got it undergoing a 20 cal conversion and also bought a p15.
    Wow.
    Had heard a few things about krals but only about seals.
    Never heard of a parts breaking on them like a p15 though.
    Or bad crowns.
    Glad I've not bough either of them now.
    I'll stick to my sub 300 quid smk guns.
    Never had breakage and I always replace seals when I get them so all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smk View Post
    Wow.
    Had heard a few things about krals but only about seals.
    Never heard of a parts breaking on them like a p15 though.
    Or bad crowns.
    Glad I've not bough either of them now.
    I'll stick to my sub 300 quid smk guns.
    Never had breakage and I always replace seals when I get them so all good.
    Don't get me wrong, both were lovely to handle. The puncher rifle had a lovely turk wanut stock. I was smitten up until actually shooting it.
    Again, the puncher breaker was mega accurate and I was chuffed... Until it wouldn't hold air anymore.

It was a shame.