Thread: FX Impact servicing & tuning

FX Impact servicing & tuning

I bought my daughter a used Mk1 Impact to get her into shooting, Ive noticed the power had dropped under 10ft/lb with a pretty full bottle and figured I might as well get it serviced.
    Im not one of those guys that needs power in high 11's but figured that under 10 is indicating a developing issue and Id rather deal with it.

Can you good people recommend who to send it to?
    I know sportsman gun centre are the dealer but I really don't want to send my gun to the south of England.
    I already asked Phil at Ratworks but apparently they only deal with FAC

I could probably take it over to my RFD in Bathgate but I figured Id give here a try first.

Cheers
    Scott

ASI would have been the importer at the time, might be worth asking either them or Sportsman for your local approved agent.

Have you tried turning the adjuster between the bottle valve and barrel scott, Just turn it in a little and see how you go until your happy,, There are marks on it so you can see how far you have gone. Col.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    I bought my daughter a used Mk1 Impact to get her into shooting, Ive noticed the power had dropped under 10ft/lb with a pretty full bottle and figured I might as well get it serviced.
    Im not one of those guys that needs power in high 11's but figured that under 10 is indicating a developing issue and Id rather deal with it.

Can you good people recommend who to send it to?
    I know sportsman gun centre are the dealer but I really don't want to send my gun to the south of England.
    I already asked Phil at Ratworks but apparently they only deal with FAC

I could probably take it over to my RFD in Bathgate but I figured Id give here a try first.

Cheers
    Scott

Scott and Yvonne are great to deal with . I buy my bullets from them when I visit my brother in Bathgate

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    ASI would have been the importer at the time, might be worth asking either them or Sportsman for your local approved agent.
    Cheers angrybear, I'll give them a mail and see I they have any preferred repairers

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    Have you tried turning the adjuster between the bottle valve and barrel scott, Just turn it in a little and see how you go until your happy,, There are marks on it so you can see how far you have gone. Col.
    Id seen that Col and was very tempted to try it but they said turn clockwise and absolutely not to turn counter clockwise (or vice versa) and I wasn't sure if that was with the muzzle left or muzzle right
    So I bottled it

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Bathgate ? Last time i visited Livelines it was in Armadale

Scott and Yvonne are great to deal with . I buy my bullets from them when I visit my brother in Bathgate
    Yeah I drive past Glasgow Field Sports who are only 5 miles from my house to go to Scott & Yvonne 35 miles away because they are such good honest people to deal with.
    If they're shut, I'll wait till they're open I won't go elsewhere

Aye ok its Armadale smart arse
    Im up you're way this weekend with the family, cant wait I haven't been to the Granite City since I lost my eye 24 years ago
    Last edited by Scott.; 17-07-2020 at 08:43 PM.

if your gun was running at 11.5 ftlb and you have not made any adjustments to it and the power has dropped,then i would say that all you need to do is replace the O ring just inside the breach where the probe enters the barrel there is an O ring in a groove just inside that seals around the probe
    if that has worn you will have blowback and lose power,do not alter the adjuster has it is set at the factory and if you dont know what you are doing
    will make your power spread go all over the place,if you want more info then pm me

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    if your gun was running at 11.5 ftlb and you have not made any adjustments to it and the power has dropped,then i would say that all you need to do is replace the O ring just inside the breach where the probe enters the barrel there is an O ring in a groove just inside that seals around the probe
    if that has worn you will have blowback and lose power,do not alter the adjuster has it is set at the factory and if you dont know what you are doing
    will make your power spread go all over the place,if you want more info then pm me
    Thanks Gareth

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Cheers angrybear, I'll give them a mail and see I they have any preferred repairers

Id seen that Col and was very tempted to try it but they said turn clockwise and absolutely not to turn counter clockwise (or vice versa) and I wasn't sure if that was with the muzzle left or muzzle right
    So I bottled it

Yeah I drive past Glasgow Field Sports who are only 5 miles from my house to go to Scott & Yvonne 35 miles away because they are such good honest people to deal with.
    If they're shut, I'll wait till they're open I won't go elsewhere

Aye ok its Armadale smart arse
    Im up you're way this weekend with the family, cant wait I haven't been to the Granite City since I lost my eye 24 years ago
    Ha ha I did edit it .
    I'm originally from Livingston so know the are a fair bit.

Yeah I have a RFD a few mins walk from my flat but I prefer Livelines . The price difference between my local and livelines is almost the same cost to drive to down to my brothers if I'm buying my full limit of .22lr

I've had Scott fit sling studs to all my rifles over the years and he has only charged me the cost of the studs.

Im just outside Aberdeen on the A96 as you head to Inverness. Hope the weather is good for you on the way up and down and while your in the area. Sorry to hear about the eye .

Paul