Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will any springer ever beat the TX ?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

Will any springer ever beat the TX ?

Maybe for power and perhaps looks but it is going to be a hard act to follow as the best all round springer it seems to have everything, what do you think ?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I think the Prosport is better.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

Pete
    Yes a nice contender Pete but why apart from looks?

That photo makes me think that I want, no, I NEED a Tx in my life again. Air Arms stocks are beautiful, I think.
    I've had two Prosports. Three Tx's. Two 97's and currently have a 77.
    For me, Tx mk3 is the best. More refined than the Hw's and handles better than a Prosport.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    No anti bear trap to fiddle about with, it's automatic with the Prosport, I thoroughly admit that the TX underlever is more sturdier but I don't have a problem with the Prosports set up.

Plus I find it balances better.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I've had the prosport , TX and still got a 97 but the 77 I prefer, All craking guns but Its the 77 for me,

Barryg,

For me, the full length TX is where it is at, and what I shoot least badly with ().

I have had 25 / 26 mm HW77s, HW97s, a Prosport, all in 0.177".

The 25 / 26 mm HW77s, HW97s, and Prosport were all very fine rifles, but in the end the TX just shot for me more accurately and consistently; the HWs & Prosport were sold on.

Personal preference is a strange beast.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Well I’m only three days into pro-sport ownership, and I’d never even held one until last Thursday.

Thoughts ?

Where do I start !

I’ve bought .177 & .22 not shot the .22 yet as I’m working on scope choices so that’s sat smiling at me in the gun rack at the moment.

Fitted the .177 with my Nikon Prostaff ERF taken off a HW77K for the time being , well forever actually because I can still enjoy the HW on opens.

So thoughts after a fifty shot session in the garden yesterday .

Probably the most beautiful , Weight balanced ( perfect ) , accurate , comfortable spring air rifle I’ve ever used, and I compare it to the King the HW77. Two of my older mint HW’s 77K & 77 were just SFS tuned by previous owners when I bought them several years ago , but you can’t really tune weight distribution and that’s miles better on the PS.

In short, I’ve never been so impressed with a spring air rifle ! It’s totally blown me away. What a joy and a credit to Air Arms as a company.
    A bit greedy perhaps buying two , but even though I’ve wanted a.177 second hand I thought I’ll try a .22 as well just incase I can find somewhere to maybe hunt a bit with it. If not it can still be enjoyed in the garden anyways. I mention to the seller I wouldn’t spend the thick end of £700 on a new modern air rifle, and I view my outlay on two for getting on for the price of one a good deal.

Well I’ve changed my mind and will concede that the .177 at least ( .22 awaiting a scope ) is worth the all be it high price of a new gun.

Never held a TX but will assume it’s weighted like a 77 ?

Can’t believe I’ve waiting for so long to discover the best ever spring air rifle, and if the reliability and longevity are their I’ll be delighted. Can’t compare the old stuff I like to this gun as it’s not really a direct comparison , but if BSA had made this as the Airsporter they’d of cleaned up!!

The Air Arms Awesome.

Brilliant gun.

Tesco for some small grapes today.
    Last edited by Steve Zodiac; 11-07-2020 at 06:17 AM.

Pete
    Just better , or best ?

If there’s a better production spring air rifle out there today I’d love to know about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    Just better , or best ?

If there’s a better production spring air rifle out there today I’d love to know about it ?
    I can't say if it's the best, as I've not shot every single springer available but for me the Prosport is better than the TX but it's also what you want from a springer, I actually prefer using my .25 Lightning/Supersport, it might not be as accurate or nicer to shoot but it just puts a bigger smile on my face.

Pete

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Have never understood why Air Arms have not made a TX200 available in .20 as I think it would sell very well. For me the TX200 full length is the best Springer on the market.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

No anti bear trap to fiddle about with, it's automatic with the Prosport, I thoroughly admit that the TX underlever is more sturdier but I don't have a problem with the Prosports set up.

Plus I find it balances better.

Pete
    I disagree pete. Pro sport is hold sensitive as hell. Plus that uncomfortable underlever

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Have never understood why Air Arms have not made a TX200 available in .20 as I think it would sell very well. For me the TX200 full length is the best Springer on the market.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Lack of demand probably.

Tx200

77k or 97k. Tx200 just don't do it for me. Mach 1.5

I have Tx200 and Hw77 - 97 and there is not much in it for me, it depends which mood I'm in.
    The AA Pro/elite with 25mm internals is better than both, but that's my opinion. .
    Les..