Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Will any springer ever beat the TX ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Back in the day when the very first batch of MK1's TX200's were produced. AA gave a couple to very good FT shooters at the time to demo the rifles ability at a field target event. These guys were members of my very old club The Venom Pistol & Rifle Club and had won many awards. JM came 2nd & JA came 4th.They lost out to a guy using a Airmasters 77 and 3rd place went to a 77. Mach 1.5
    John Alcock and Joe Myska (sp?) came to Roughwedge club, back when we used to shoot at Frank F Harrison school, just as they’d been given their TX’s. John had re-inletted his 77 stock to accept the TX action - from memory it was a Venom Trophy stock but I could be mistaken.
    Happy days.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Let's not forget if it wasn't for the HW77 and a certain Mr Ken Turner then Air Arms wouldn't have the TX or The Pro Sport. Mach 1.5
    It always amused me that when the TX was announced, Airgunner magazine wrote up the news story but accidentally illustrated it with a picture of a Venom 77.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Just wondering what you mean by the term pig iron

Do you mean very poor quality steel or cast parts ? would AA use poor quality metal on their guns?
    Pig iron or not, the ratchet on the Diana 48/52 is huge, and very reassuring.

Back in the day when the very first batch of MK1's TX200's were produced. AA gave a couple to very good FT shooters at the time to demo the rifles ability at a field target event. These guys were members of my very old club The Venom Pistol & Rifle Club and had won many awards. JM came 2nd & JA came 4th.They lost out to a guy using a Airmasters 77 and 3rd place went to a 77. So the question is, will the HW77 Ever be beat? Mach 1.5
    Last year was the inaugural UKAHFT recoiling championship. A one off shoot held at one of the toughest courses in the country. Top 3 places were taken with TX200's.
    Also the UKAHFT and FT world championships (springer class) were won with TX200's.

So yes, the HW77 has been beat

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Still the hw77 for me, The 77 changed springers , Its why you have the TX, ps etc, The 77 was in a class of its own at the time and is still up there with what's out a lot newer, My TX reminded me slightly of my relum tornado except the cocking was a lot smoother on the relum,
    You could say that the TX is a copy of the 77 and a lot later the LGU was a copy of the TX.

But the TX does have some improvements over the 77

Piston rings

Rotating piston

Central transfer port

A cocking shoe for less wear in that area

Simple easy to dismantle construction

And if you like or not It does have a ABT

More power for FAC

The LGU has had a fair few years to think of how to improve on the TX so how many improvements are there

- Zero

So again will the TX ever be beat as a production springer if so by who

Tx200

Last year was the inaugural UKAHFT recoiling championship. A one off shoot held at one of the toughest courses in the country. Top 3 places were taken with TX200's.
    Also the UKAHFT and FT world championships (springer class) were won with TX200's.

In that case it's only took 36 years for the TX200 to be the so called best under lever. Well done AA. In the meantime the 77 / 97 has won everything. Is it a case also of trends? Being are Underlevers more accurate than a break barrel? Or is it just down to the person behind the trigger? But that might be a thread for another day?
    Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 12-07-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Just for interest are these the first models? the full length looks different look at the gap between the barrel and lever is this the PS type that you have Pete? am I wrong but the barrel seems longer than the new type.

I've been mulling over a new rifle for quite a while. After much deliberation and in full knowledge that other rifles are more developed in terms of the internals I've actually plumped for a laminate full length HW77 which arrived yesterday. Even though I knew I'd be tweaking things on the HW as soon as I got it to make it just right for me.

First impressions, I'd say it's far from perfect out the box in terms of mechanical noise when shooting and ease of disassembly in the workshop. But the rekord trigger is awesome, I've for the choice of open sights or scoped and I absolutely love the looks and the feel of it. Something I couldn't say about the tx.
    Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Does anybody know if,

Weihrauch invented/designed the HW77 in house or did they buy somebody's idea or get a 3rd party in to invent/design it?
    I did read somewhere ( I don't know how true it was ? ) the first Hw77's were based on a 30mm comp tube but the overall weight of the rifle was 12lbs plus, I wonder who owns that prototype ?

I'd say yes the Hw77 was a in house design but with ideas taken from a previous sliding comp tube rifle.
    Hw77+7

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Just for interest are these the first models? the full length looks different look at the gap between the barrel and lever is this the PS type that you have Pete? am I wrong but the barrel seems longer than the new type.

Yes mate it is that type, although mine has been evolving over the years, mine now has a later style walnut stock with the 6 bolt stock fixing and not the 4 bolt as in the photo, I would say the barrel and shroud length are the same as I replaced my shroud last year because it was marked and at the time of purchase their was no choices to be made and the new one has gone straight on with new baffles fitted which have all gone in with none of them sticking out the end, so I'd say they are the same length.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in