Thread: Will any springer ever beat the TX ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up

I had to sell my .177" TX200 as my arthritic fingers had to hard of a job loading the pellet through the insanely small port, I dropped more pellets and had to shake them out than the parson preached about! (Never had this problem with the HC I had in .22" so it must have been down to the pellet size or the fact that my digiots had stiffened up more since I had the HC)

I bought a .177" HW97, There were no such problems as the portt was almost half of the cylinder!!

I loved that TX too, The stock was the most comfy stock i'd ever shouldered with the cutout and palmswell on the grip- Found out after there was someone that opened them up to a similar size to the 97

The TX had a basic beech stock but was in lovely condition..

The 97 came on the plassie thumbhole stock which was also really comfy but 'Orrid to look at!!

Had this lammy stock spare so I fitted it along with some brass..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I had a left handed TX200HC for a while but sold it on after finding I preferred shooting a fellow club members standard HW97k. So I think the HW97K is better.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

tx200 hc in 22 I loved mine but with arthritis in my hands it got to heavy for me,and loading it was a right pain

I prefer a sorted break barrel myself..i have a full length tx200 but i find it's heavy to carry around if your hunting with it ,fine if your shooting targets from a bench also the atb gets annoying and the loading port is quite small if your got big fingers .
    BSA SUPERSPORT .22
    Ripley ar5s .177
    Steyr challenge hft 177 SYWELL FT CLUB