Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
Maybe for power and perhaps looks but it is going to be a hard act to follow as the best all round springer it seems to have everything, what do you think ?

Looping back to the original question, guess I’ll throw my 2 pence in (although my 2 pence is probably worth more like 1 pence )...

Will any springer ever beat the TX?

Firstly I guess you have to answer is the TX the best standard springer on the market today? I’d say it’s a contender yes, and the differences between all the high end springers really come down to personal choice. I hate the TXHC, got on okay with a Prosport, didn’t like the LGU, would love a Full length TX, and would also like one of the big Diana side levers. Which is best? Depends on your shooting style and preference!

So putting that aside break down the original question, “will anything ever beat it?” In my mind splits into two;
- Can it be beaten?
- Is it likely to happen?

So can it be beaten? Yes, absolutely. This question does break down at the higher end to that good old personal choice again, but there are obviously ways a springer from the factory could beat it. To name a few;
- A better stock, adjustable as standard for example.
- Shot cycle optimised for the power level it is being sold at (done through piston weight and stroke length etc...
- Modern materials and technology to reduce weight in the action (again this is preference, I appreciate some use weight as an advantage)

Is this likely to happen? I live in hope that one day a manufacturer will pull their finger out and create an actual leap forward in springer technology, but I won’t comment on how likely that is, as the answer is probably not very

All this avoids which layout you consider ‘best’, there are advantages to all systems (BreakBarrel, Underlever, Sidelever, Hidden Underlever), and my ramblings DEFINITELY avoid recoilless systems... not getting into that haha