Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will any springer ever beat the TX ?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I can't say if it's the best, as I've not shot every single springer available but for me the Prosport is better than the TX but it's also what you want from a springer, I actually prefer using my .25 Lightning/Supersport, it might not be as accurate or nicer to shoot but it just puts a bigger smile on my face.

Pete
    That's right Pete we still have our personal favorites to shoot my one is my sorted 460 but the reason I say that the TX is hard to beat is because the only fault I can find is the small rubber grommet that brakes off on the barrel and as nice as the PS is you do hear of a few problems with the lever one way and another, HC vs full length is just personal although the HC is the best seller and you can fit a silencer.

LGU for me,

Hmmm best springer whiscombe (not sure that I've spelled that right ) never owned one but I've shot someone else's, simply sublime. Or what about a venom lazaglided full custom job? Cooper Dan's upcoming wonder gun sounds rather nicer than the tx as well.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Hmmm best springer whiscombe (not sure that I've spelled that right ) never owned one but I've shot someone else's, simply sublime. Or what about a venom lazaglided full custom job? Cooper Dan's upcoming wonder gun sounds rather nicer than the tx as well.
    But these are now collectors guns apart from the upcoming wounder gun and will it be readily available

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    LGU for me,
    Just wondering what bit of the LGU could be possibly any better than the TX

Tx200

I dare say it will not be bettered? But is it better than a 77k / 97k? We may have reached the point of diminishing returns. A few years ago Airgunner tested Steve Popes wonder lever the VM3. Due to unforeseen circumstances the rifle was put on hold. Fingers crossed this rifle makes it one day to production? Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 11-07-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Rather the more open loading port of the 77/97. I have a tx200sr bullpup so i do know about the tx. But i prefer the 77 out of the lot.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Very nice guns the TX, I had the TX, HW97 and Prosport all together for a test and settled on the TX - it just felt nicer and less hold sensitive, I was not as keen on the Pro Sport, and the HW97 was heavily tuned and shot and felt good, but I still preferred the TX which has also been tuned with a smaller piston etc courtesy of Tony Leach. It also has a MK2 stock which has been customized and a Mk3 action to keep it up to date.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I’m going to run for cover after this post.

The ratcheting of the anti-bear trap irritates me to an irrational degree. Besides I have my own silent anti-bear trap - holding on to the cocking lever! Even when firing guns with an anti-bear trap I still hold on, I don’t trust the ratchet not to slip.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Got the PE, PS, TX and HW

ProSport: best balance of all of them, I've never found it particularly hold-sensitive, underlever is only a pain when not using a glove. Auto ABT and any pellets dropped in the loading chamber fall through.

TX: more front-heavy, the damn safety/ABT pisses me off after using the PS. Mine's a Mk3HC with Mk1/2 internals, so a bit hybrid.

HW: mine's tuned to buggery so sublime to shoot. Worst to load with the off centre (high) load position, but a bigger cutout. Trigger is the nicest of all of them, but I've buggered about with it a bit to get it like that, such as fit a TX style trigger blade.

PE: lovely soft shot cycle with the 25mm conversion, easiest to load but it's a heavy old bugger! Very front-end heavy as well, but easy off an FT style shooting position.

It's splitting hairs as to which is best, and none of mine are in standard stocks - the closest is the TX but that has an adjustable cheekpiece. The AA as standard are glided actions: HWs need tuning to get to the same level, but once tuned are on a par. I think the best improvement to feel and control is putting any of these actions into a target-style stock with upright pistol grip like the CS800. If AA or HW did this they'd be onto winners.

Jerry

Thumbs up

I had to sell my .177" TX200 as my arthritic fingers had to hard of a job loading the pellet through the insanely small port, I dropped more pellets and had to shake them out than the parson preached about! (Never had this problem with the HC I had in .22" so it must have been down to the pellet size or the fact that my digiots had stiffened up more since I had the HC)

I bought a .177" HW97, There were no such problems as the portt was almost half of the cylinder!!

I loved that TX too, The stock was the most comfy stock i'd ever shouldered with the cutout and palmswell on the grip- Found out after there was someone that opened them up to a similar size to the 97

The TX had a basic beech stock but was in lovely condition..

The 97 came on the plassie thumbhole stock which was also really comfy but 'Orrid to look at!!

Had this lammy stock spare so I fitted it along with some brass..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I had a left handed TX200HC for a while but sold it on after finding I preferred shooting a fellow club members standard HW97k. So I think the HW97K is better.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

tx200 hc in 22 I loved mine but with arthritis in my hands it got to heavy for me,and loading it was a right pain

I prefer a sorted break barrel myself..i have a full length tx200 but i find it's heavy to carry around if your hunting with it ,fine if your shooting targets from a bench also the atb gets annoying and the loading port is quite small if your got big fingers .
    BSA SUPERSPORT .22
    Ripley ar5s .177
    Steyr challenge hft 177 SYWELL FT CLUB

Having exhaustively used, measured and tested TX200 Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3 and 77k and 97k; my take, but not by a large margin is the 77k/97k in 25mm form; followed by TX200 Mk1 and then Mk2 - Mk3 (particularly in HC format) doesn't get a look in! Love the look of the Prosport but oh dear; that underlever and balance leaves a bit to be desired! The TX does have the edge for ease of dismantling/assembly!

Anyway; these are all very well for lugging around a HFT course or something like that, or ambush hunting, but give me a medium weight barrel cocker like my beloved BrumBows any day if I am going carry it around the hills and woods and still be able to aim it!

I suppose if we were all the same, so would the models be; ie/ one model would satisfy everyone!

Stay safe and well.

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!