Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will any springer ever beat the TX ?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    I disagree pete. Pro sport is hold sensitive as hell. Plus that uncomfortable underlever
    Mine isn't hold sensitive at all and as for the underlever, can't see what all the fuss is about, saying that mine is an early one, so it's the short stroked action and it has been tuned, so may be that has helped towards the hold sensitivity? and may be AA changed the shape of the underlever on later models but none of the things you say seem to be happening to mine.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I own most of the top springers and none of them are perfect.

The perfect rifle is probably a mixture of all the best bits from each rifle.
    Master Debater

IMO Pro Sport is the best and the HW97 is next in line.

Why not the TX200? Ugly and cumbersome anti-bear trap design, also I don’t find the underlever catch very secure and again, ugly.

Shame, I’d have one otherwise.

Not bought one... as a TX wont do anything that my 97k can do.
    Airgundoctor tuned,vmach and walnut stock plus the most important bit...the most accurate spring gun i have ever shot or owned.
    I did look at one in the gunshop but put it back when i asked the price.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    IMO Pro Sport is the best and the HW97 is next in line.

Why not the TX200? Ugly and cumbersome anti-bear trap design, also I don’t find the underlever catch very secure and again, ugly.

Shame, I’d have one otherwise.
    i'm a little confused by what you mean when you say you the TX underlever catch is ugly and not secure as my catch is very secure and you say the PS is the best when it has no catch at all and can sometimes get droop.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    I have been looking through the tread and It seems not many are fans of the TX ABT and I also really dislike the ratchet sound but is there a genuine reason for it being there, there have been a fair few accidents over the years with the sliding breech so is it not worth having a ABT for peace of mind, you can get quiet ABT's like on the PS and D460 but they work off of the cocking mechanism and are much better than nothing but not independent like the TX and LGU.

The 77/97 is a fantastic gun but has no ABT and no cocking shoe and this puts me off of a bit putting my fingers in to load

I had a TX for a couple of years - I used to hold the ABT down with my fingers as I cocked the gun - whilst cocking the gun your hands are in no danger because one is holding down the ABT switch/lever while the other is operating the underlever - once the gun "cocks" then I would release the ABT lever - and insert a pellet. Not sure what the problem is - unless the design has changed then the TX can be cocked silently?

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Just wondering what bit of the LGU could be possibly any better than the TX

Looks fine to me thats why I own 2 and don't have any TXs sold em along with my HWs.

I agree with many of the criticisms above. I had one years ago for HFT but found it far too heavy, noisy ratchet, so sold it on. Over the years I have never really taken to underlevers and found loading fiddly so only have break barrels now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    77k or 97k. Tx200 just don't do it for me. Mach 1.5
    The HWs are my preference, too. Love the solidity and the trigger feel. As mentioned above, the TX certainly takes the top prize for ease of stripping down, but the 77/97 isn't exactly hard. And although removal of the end block is very quick on the TX, I prefer the solidity and auto-centralisation of the screw-in end block of the HW.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    A few years ago Airgunner tried Steve Popes wonder lever the VM3. Due to unforeseen circumstances the rifle was put on hold. Fingers crossed this rifle makes it one day to production? Mach 1.5
    Yummy! Yes please!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

In terms of looks the Prosport is in my opinion the prettiest springer ever, just after a Mk1 Airsporter. I cannot part with mine and I have shot some great scores with it in HFT, and when you are shooting well it is not that hold sensitive but you have to know the gun.
    But I would say that the TX200 and the HW77 are the most successful springers ever when you look at the big competition wins. If I were going German the HW97k would be my second choice.
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    i'm a little confused by what you mean when you say you the TX underlever catch is ugly and not secure as my catch is very secure and you say the PS is the best when it has no catch at all and can sometimes get droop.

Fixed the droop on my late prosort with a tiny magnet.

Out of all the top drawer springers only 1s ive never owned is hw77 and pro sport,for build quality the tx200 is the best no chance of that dropping to bits,i do think it beats every weirauch in every department and i owned all hw apart from the 77,i now got hw97k which is lovely buid quality and accurate but its not as good as tx200.i loved tx200hc i had BUT its to heavy to lug about but boy what a gun.

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    My TX200 Mk2 is the best springer I've ever owned. The anti-bear-trap and auto-safety are a pain, but the thing just shoots so well, every time, I'll never part with it. If I had to sell all the other rifles, powder and air, I'd keep this one. I've never used another springer that is so unfussy about hold.