Thread: RWS Pump problem

RWS Pump problem

Hello again all, been a while... and so has usage of my RWS pump.

Basically, I can start to pump, but within a couple of strokes, when pressure builds, it becomes impossible (ever harder) to lift the handle. It just sucks down, in reality I would say that the downstroke pressure is leaking to the top part of the piston thus pushing it down.

I don't wish to take it apart any further than necessary so if anyone can advise which part, presumably some o-ring, I need to replace, and where it is found, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

im sure there is a thread on you tube about these bud

Seem to be about the FX mostly, and there are differences which may be important? Mine seems to be older.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Sounds like the seals are going. Mine is doing the same. I will reseal it when i get a chance to.

The up stroke is to suck in fresh air to each stage, if it's sucking the handle down it means you're creating a vacuum in one of the stages so one of the inlets is stuck closed.
    You should be able to hear the first stage sucking in as you lift the handle.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    just strip and and replace all the o-rings... once you are that far in, may as well do the lot.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Got it all in bits. After careful consideration of how the thing works, suspect the exhaust / non return final valve, as if that fails there would be a buildup in pressure that would create just the sort of pulldown I am experiencing. The o-ring is rock hard. I hope they are not particularly special ones. The tiny 3rd stage o-ring is also like rock. The others seem fairly run of the mill and are quite supple and should prove easy to replace.

Seal kits available on that well known auction site.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)