Thread: BSA 'Juvenile' trigger guard

BSA 'Juvenile' trigger guard

Gents,

I've had a Juvenile (aka 2nd version Junior) for some time, missing its trigger guard. I can't imagine finding a spare thus will need to make one. I've done a similar guard many years back although it took untold hours of shaping, milling, drilling etc. which is why I've put this off.

Having looked through all the Gallery pictures, it appears to my eye that the profile view is identical to that of a 'full-size' model with no reduction in size as viewed in that direction. The small tube of course requires a different curvature at the front mounting, and the screw spacing is less, but if anyone can confirm my take on the profile issue as well as the side-to-side thickness dimension in the loop area [full-size guns are ~ .60"] it would be a great help.

Thanks for any info,
    Don R.

No help here but wish you luck in your endeavor, those are just such treasures! A pic documentary would be awesome.

Hi Don, I removed my Juvinele triggerguard to compare it to a "standard" one from another rifle and it allmost the same.
    Obviously the curve where it sits on the maintube is slightly different but not that much ...
    Bigger difference is the other side where it sits inside the triggerblock.
    Just look at the pictures.

Hope this helps?

=====================================
    Frank

Thank you very much Frank, just what I needed. I had observed the dovetail inset for the rear fixing in the trigger block; interesting that the finger opening and loop width were not reduced for this small-tube model.

Don R.

As the original trigger guard for a Juvinele is so close in dimensions to a "standard" one , I would see if someone could weld on some material to the "round peg" an then file it into the dovetail shape you need.
    If it is possible to weld a cast trigger guard I don't know, but I would ask around ......
    Another solution would be to remove the peg and drill a hole and tap it to screw in a bolt with enough material to shape the dovetail you need?

======================
    Frank

Have been thinking about the possibility to modify a standard quard. I like your idea to fasten a dovetail block, though it looks like there may be just barely enough material on the round peg to file it to suit. The front end is a little tricky because the hole spacing has to be reduced; welding could be necessary to accomplish that. If they're made of steel (which seems likely) as opposed to cast iron, welding should be possible.

Don R.