Thread: Nightmare webley omega gas ram

Nightmare webley omega gas ram

Hi all,
    After many attempts stripping, assembly of my omega at a loggerhead, conversion to gas ram via a knibbs unit.
    However the gun will not go all the way back to cock? Done all the normal things, as suggested by other BBS members to modify the rear end spigot.
    However I feel the problem lies with the gas ram protruding approx 4mm out of the rear of the piston, is this normal? Or should it fit flust to the end of the piston, which would in turn enable it to travel back that little extra to be able to cock?
    Contacted knibbs, unfortunately not alot of information, and no specific instructions as to fit the rifle it is intended for. Certainly not a direct drop in replacment.
    Don't really want to shorten the gas ram "rod" but it seems the only solution so far?
    Any suggestions.

( yes I should know better lol, and go down the Welsh willie route,this is the next step)
    Cheers

If the body of the ram is to long to allow the piston to engage, there is no point in shortening the rod. This will just go into the body, but not so far, and the body of the ram will still be too long. Most ram conversion I've done, the ram body would always fit into the piston whichever way the ram was fitted.

Hi thanks for the reply,
    that's exactly what I was thinking about, if I were taking the rod back by about 4mm.
    I agree, all the other guns i have fitted rams to have completely fitted flush to the rear of the piston.

might be a silly question but have you checked the piston has not washers left in it ?

Not at all silly

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    Not at all silly
    The rod is hardened.I had to grind one shorter some years ago.Hold the ram in a wet rag so as not to over heat it.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    might be a silly question but have you checked the piston has not washers left in it ?
    Just what I was thinking.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)