Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crosman 600

This was Benjamin's answer to the Crosman 600 SA Co2 pistol. Unfortunately, the Benjamin 422 wasn't nearly as well engineered or as reliable as the Crosman 600, but is still great fun to shoot and in my opinion anyway looks a bit nicer in appearance.

If I had to choose, it would be the Crosman 600 every time, but nice to have both.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Dan dare you
    The Marmite one...

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    The Marmite one...

[IMG][/IMG]

Oh my!!

Here's mine, I bought a box off fleabay but I think it was the wrong one!!

Also found a manual on fleabay too!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

As mentioned on previous post, you can get through a lot of CO2 capsules, but bulk filling from a fire extinguisher is an option with the correct filler cap.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]

to bulk fill you have to ensure it is a 1st or a 3rd variant as the 2nd model sealed to the valve not the tube

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    to bulk fill you have to ensure it is a 1st or a 3rd variant as the 2nd model sealed to the valve not the tube
    Hi Ped

I bought this years ago, It came from Archers in the U.S. originally, It's for SMK 78's I think, I thought that the Chinese copied the Crosman guns so it would fit the 600 but they went metric with the threads

I have a 78 with a Max Z bulk dropper and 9oz bottle (Also have a 7oz bottle too!), I just remembered I got this from a mate, It's been tuned, Carbined and has been blinged up, I'll give it a go, I think it will have to have a dump valve fitted to ensure cooing enough to fill with liquid Co2 though..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Lawrie says all the 600's can be bulk filled. The 2nd variant can be done in a couple of ways, using his Makarov bulk fill method, or sealing the small hole underneath the chamber and using the standard bulk fill cap which has its own seal.

Baz

I got two nice ones for 250 each, and a Dan Dare one for 270.

Baz
    How nice are they exactly?

And what has gone on with the Dan Dare version?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Only downside for the backyard shooter is they are LOUD!
    Not sure if its just the decibel level or if the frequency seems to contribute to my perception but generally speaking many CO2 guns seem to have a loud penetrating report. Well, to me at least. Maybe its something to be aware of if you are backyard shooting but they are great pistols.

Still like the silver & blue combination.........real mid 20th C. look about it. No idea how many 600's Crosman made but if they had produced some with that colour scheme as an option I wonder what it would have sold like? Marmite v peanut butter & jelly, but to me it looks fantastic.

can you all stop posting pics please as it makes me want to buy another 600.
    i sold mine years ago but remember fun times shooting it in my kitchen lol
    daughter had the 600 and i used my me38 brocock (still own ) she beat me for speed but no accuracy as she emptied her mag in a few seconds lol.
    must have had an impact on her as she shoots revolvers and machine pistols everytime she visits the usa
    still a member of my gun club but rarely visits

Lawrie says all the 600's can be bulk filled. The 2nd variant can be done in a couple of ways, using his Makarov bulk fill method, or sealing the small hole underneath the chamber and using the standard bulk fill cap which has its own seal.

Baz
    with alterations yes but not as std like the 1st and 3rd variant
    i've only bulkfilled my first model and not had a 2nd model
    i do have a sears version on the bench at present awaiting a new ring shaft and feed arm as a previous owner had decided to reseal and re finish it damaging parts in the process but luckily i have a few mates in the US who have sourced me new ones
    if the bulk cap is from archer it'll be a 22x1 thread i have the crosman one on my extended tube 600 ,it shouldn't be hard to make a 7/8x20 screw collar John

Greatest gas pistol ever made!

Even came with a holster in NZ
    Last edited by cinedux; 16-07-2020 at 10:25 AM.

with alterations yes but not as std like the 1st and 3rd variant
    i've only bulkfilled my first model and not had a 2nd model
    i do have a sears version on the bench at present awaiting a new ring shaft and feed arm as a previous owner had decided to reseal and re finish it damaging parts in the process but luckily i have a few mates in the US who have sourced me new ones
    if the bulk cap is from archer it'll be a 22x1 thread i have the crosman one on my extended tube 600 ,it shouldn't be hard to make a 7/8x20 screw collar John
    Using Lawries Makarov bulk fill method there are no mods required to the 2nd model,its very simple. You take a used CO2 capsule and fit a one eighth BSP female socket in the base. This pokes through the hole in the 2nd series cap and you fill from bulk fill CO2. The capsule neck seals in the normal way at back of chamber and stays in place. I get all my cam rings and other parts from precision pellet in the USA, good reliable service.

Baz

And then there is the BB Plink-O-Matic BB variation.

Brian