Thread: Valuation

Valuation

Hi

Looking for the valuation please of an HW77 & an HW 80 which I purchased new in 1988
    Both are boxed, never fired a pellet

Regards

£350 each?

Hw 77 80

Got to be £450 plus, and personally if I was in the market for one, £500 would not put me off, they sound nice,good luck,Den.

Both are still made, however both have seen small changes over the years. Really depends on the wood. Yes, they are desirable, and to some more so than newer versions, but only to those that care.
    What's the modern shop price? Getting more than that is a big ask but might do it. .22 is fine for the HW80 but .177 would be more preferable to the HW77. 1988 is cool, 1984 when the first came out possibly even cooler??

Nice but its only their boxed condition makes them rare. As soon as you start using them they will begin to de-value so basically the new owner will have to keep them boxed and hope they appreciate in value.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thank you for reply’s
    Having had them so long not sure to part with them or not

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by mickanles View Post
    Hi

Looking for the valuation please of an HW77 & an HW 80 which I purchased new in 1988
    Both are boxed, never fired a pellet

Regards
    I'm intrigued why you bought them and never used them? Were you making the purchase back then, as a future investment, as I would have thought they are a bit too main stream for that. Good luck if you decide to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I'm intrigued why you bought them and never used them? Were you making the purchase back then, as a future investment, as I would have thought they are a bit too main stream for that. Good luck if you decide to sell them.
    Was a young lad then, had an hw 77 which I used a lot.
    Bought these two as so impressed with build quality &
    Finish ,
    Plus had a bit of spare cash,

HW's

Both MK2's of these two classics. £350-£400. But to be fair you don't see many MK2's standard these days. Mach 1.5

Two kinds of buyers to make a premium. A BNIB collector who just wants mint examples, and custom junkies who want the older chambers/specs to do a full tune jobby. The former will wipe it down and stack it with the other minters. The latter is going to throw a heap of money at it to get exactly what he wants.

Exact value will be how great they look, and who is about who wants them this week. As to letting them go then thats your call.