Thread: Results : Muscle Powered League, Autumn / Winter 2020

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not shot for a couple of weeks, so thought i'd get some practice in, shot i 50 on an mpl target, but was using it for practice, & shot a few more pellets at different parts of the target, then checked it & saw he first 5 had gone where they should....Aah well just proves i can do it, just need to do it more often !

Rob,

Indeed you can do it !

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Hello to All,

Scores updated Friday, 20200814.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Having back problems at the moment, so have purchased an hw 30, got it sorted for 6yds with a diopter sight, can i use a red dot sight on it for 10m ?, can't see the difference between that & a scope, but i want to stay within the rules.

Regards,

Rob

Rob,

I hope you had a most spiffing weekend

The conventional red-dot's are 1X, so offer no maginification advantages.

I cannot see why you couldn't or shouldn't use them for the 10m Competition.

As an aside, I have recently fitted four (4) of my springers with red-dot sights : HW30S, HW99S, HW95 SuperMatch, and Hatsan 55S.

The red-dots are all 2 MOA dot size.

It is early days, but I am getting to grips with the new aiming scheme, and the group sizes are shrinking to 'aperture sight' levels

Please use the red-dot and let us know how you get on with it.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Many thanks Russ, its purely because of the back/shoulder issues + i can fit the dot sight on the rails in front of the diopter so i don't have to remove it & lose my poa for 6yds.

Just made a front sight insert so will see which proves to be the more accurate.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Back Support

Rob

Not sure if you already have one, but a back support is worth its weight in gold. Both the wife and I, being of advanced years get back problems, and we both use a support when the back is bad, its is no advantage when shooting, would not be legal under ISSF rules, the wife says it gives no more support than shooting trousers, but it certainly does protect the back.

The one I recommend is from www.physique.co.uk its made by Mueller, any thing that keeps old farts shooting!

Have Fun
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?