Thread: Hi from Norfolk

Hi from Norfolk

Hi all from sunny Norfolk. Just getting back in to a bit of target shooting so I thought I'd better sign up. My last rifle was an HW98 that I tweaked a bit to calm down the boing! Sold that a good while ago but now am the proud owner of a Walther LGV 177. Heavy but lovely. Bought used from the very helpful guys at Leicester Airguns (no affiliation). Haven't settled on a scope yet but a Compact Hawke or Optisan CP are looking most likely. I really like the look of the Leupold EFR but £400 + might not get passed 'the management'.

My latest scope

Hi,

I have an Airmax 30 on my Wildcat which is brilliant but a little over £300.

Needed to rescope my Ultra MMC after I gave her a full works tune. Barrel shroud (Huma), Huma regulated, polished hammer, guide and tube, polished bolt, carrier and barrel throat, port opened and barrel inlet polished. Shooting much better and now getting 25mm 10 shot hole at 50m but needed to upgrade my £30 scope from amazon.

Ended up choosing a Vortex Optics Sentinal which has 30mm tube, 8-32 X 50 and a matt finish. It is simply superb. Wanted the 6-24 but was out of stock and usually shoot at 20x so just wind it in. Cost deliverd was just under £200 and has a E-SF relicle and 1/8" MOA locking turrets. They do a 4-16 and a 6-24 version starting about £150 including mounts sun screen and flip up covers.

Best pictures are at https://www.opticsplanet.com/vector-...fle-scope.html

Happy hunting guys

welcome to the forum bud

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Welcome, quite close to Norfolk myself.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Thanks guys. Ended up getting a used Hawke Compact 3-12 x 40. Haven't shot it yet but initial impression on looks and image quality are good.