Hi, very new to loading for rifles, but have done 12g many years ago. New acquisition of a .22 Hornet and a .223 means I have an excuse to dabble and I've been putting all the kit together for a while. I'm going to start with the hornet as it came with a few boxes of bullets, mainly 35gr V-max, but I have a box of 40gr BlitzKings and 60 Sierra 45gr soft points.
I know everyone is probably going to scream Lil Gun at me, but is anyone loading with Vhit N110? I couldn't see any data on their site for 35gr and I have about 260 heads. A mate at work can get me the N110, but I'd like some views on suitability before I say yes.
I have the 3 die Lee set which came with the gun. I believe I'll need a neck sizing die and a case expander for best results (see "Wanted" section).
I have a selection of brass for it - no idea what to start with. Any recommedations? I have Hornady, S&B, Winchester and PPU.
Finally, for the record the gun is a BSA hunter with loads of character (small dings and scrapes), it has 1:16 twist and grouped at 1.5inches at 100yds off my sticks. That was using the vmax that came with it, but I do not have load the data and I'm starting from scratch.
Hopefully, with a bag under it I should be pretty accurate.
Go on then...you can all shout Lil Gun now!