Thread: .22 Hornet with Vhit N100

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Get hold of the "one book / one calibre" reloading manual for the calibre(s)
    they list dozens of loads by bullet weight/velocity from each bullet manufacturer with the different powders/loads or by powder with the best bullet/load combo.

Worth every penny, even if you have to get them sent from the states.

Quote Originally Posted by thibben View Post
    Many thanks Thibben. I think I have abandoned the N110 idea as I can't find a load for it using my 35gr heads. I think there might be too small a powder density in the cases using it (?) and that doesn't sound like it makes for good consistency.
    I'm teetering between H110 and Lil Gun!
    "They fly into it sometimes..."

I use h110 with 35gr v max in my hornet. I don’t bother crimping them.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Get hold of the "one book / one calibre" reloading manual for the calibre(s)
    they list dozens of loads by bullet weight/velocity from each bullet manufacturer with the different powders/loads or by powder with the best bullet/load combo.

Worth every penny, even if you have to get them sent from the states.
    Thanks Angrybear...I think I will do just that. I've just had a walk round the shoot with it after strimming round the pens. Light, quiet, plenty of punch...so glad I dropped it onto the variation forms (almost as an afterthought). The .17 HMR will be going now as I can't see the point of me keeping it. In short, I think I'll have this calibre for a while, even if I end up swapping guns around and getting something newer.
    "They fly into it sometimes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefingers View Post
    Thanks Angrybear...I think I will do just that. I've just had a walk round the shoot with it after strimming round the pens. Light, quiet, plenty of punch...so glad I dropped it onto the variation forms (almost as an afterthought). The .17 HMR will be going now as I can't see the point of me keeping it. In short, I think I'll have this calibre for a while, even if I end up swapping guns around and getting something newer.
    I actually got rid of my .22 K Hornet for a 17WSM which is better on rabbits (90% of what I shoot) but still well capable on 150yd foxes, although I wish we had the 25gn ammo as well as the 20gn.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I actually got rid of my .22 K Hornet for a 17WSM which is better on rabbits (90% of what I shoot) but still well capable on 150yd foxes, although I wish we had the 25gn ammo as well as the 20gn.

What makes the 17WSM better on rabbits than the K Hornet.