Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
I went to the dealer today who had the mint condition 1858, the gun was very nice, but in my mind my heart was set on the Ruger.

I told him about the Ruger I'd been offered and how I didn't know what it's condition was like, so he pulled out his brand new, nu-shot Ruger from his safe and let me have a feel

I immediately put it to full cock and felt for play, it had exactly the same as the one I'd been looking at!!

So I politely declined his 1858 down, turned tail and bought the Ruger that started this thread!

I've now pulled it apart (couldn't do that in the shop!) and checked the bore and all the workings, and everything is in order

So I now have Ruger and can't wait to shoot it, just got to get a 457 ball mould now.

Thanks.
lol........right pm address and i will sort the conical mold out for you to try.
thing is rob if you dont handle them often or know exactly whats right or not then its hard .
i just made myself look a tit this week when testing my tacs out for my brocock me38 magnum.
all my good tacs fill up lovely with no leakage even though they are 20 year old.
set up a safe place to shoot through a chrono and when it did decide to work each tac was shooting 120 fps
every one was more or less cock on and they even shot poi.
thought it could be the led indoor lights on top of defusers giving a false reading.....the label on the chrony led screen says FPS but i worked these speeds out to 400 fps if it was measuring in MPS.
unfortunately my hearing is blocked so i cannot hear the report too well so i was convinced its mps but not fps etc.
looked for manual online and it says if they is a dot between the A and L when flashing then its MPS lol.

never used chrono before even though i had it years lol
happens to all of us
in my opinion you have bought the better revolver and they are a joy to shoot.....keep us informed