Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tomahawks..

Date wise.when did these and the longbows run for?
    Last edited by the logun-ator; 26-07-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the logun-ator View Post
    Date wise.when did these and the longbows run for?
    the longbow was late 2002 till around 2005 . tomy was for sale in 2000

Tommy

Tommy - July 2000 - 2005. Airgunner tested the prototype in June of 2000. Longbow first hit the mags for test Feb 2003. Webley Venom closed 23/12/2005 along with Webley of course. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 26-07-2020 at 11:56 AM.

i know where there is one Mick it's a bit rough and will need a refurb on the blueing and wood but shoots well
    i'll ask him when i speak to him later if he'll sell

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    i know where there is one Mick it's a bit rough and will need a refurb on the blueing and wood but shoots well
    i'll ask him when i speak to him later if he'll sell
    spot on.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I have a Tomahawk that I got from forum member (BEESA) it’s lazerglided and as the Walther barrel fitted by V-Mach.
    Steve had a unmarked Tomahawk action ,he asked me if I wanted it for a Cobra conversion,I stupidly declined saying I was happy with my Hw80 custom that he had done for me, this was well over ten years ago.
    My Tomahawk is my favourite gun for off hand shooting.
    Les..

Who knows. My unmarked Tommy has 2001 Venom tag with it iirc. So very early one. My other 2 are 03 and 04 I think. The unmarked was sold here on the bbs as a prototype Cobra, made for Steve himself.
    Steve knew nothing about it of course, but couldnt tell me what it was/had been for sure either.
    Allthough I dó know that with the Cobra you díd have a choice for no serial number. The Sidewinder didnt have that choice. They were made after production I believe. Cobra was taken from the line earlier.
    Guess Ill never know
    ATB,
    yana

Tommy derivatives

FYI - like brother and sister. Or maybe cousins!

https://walnut.black/COBRA

https://walnut.black/WEBLEY-TOMAHAWK

Some visuals for the thread.
    https://www.walnut.black

Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    FYI - like brother and sister. Or maybe cousins!

https://walnut.black/COBRA

https://walnut.black/WEBLEY-TOMAHAWK

Some visuals for the thread.
    ....nice

Tommies

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Who knows. My unmarked Tommy has 2001 Venom tag with it iirc. So very early one. My other 2 are 03 and 04 I think. The unmarked was sold here on the bbs as a prototype Cobra, made for Steve himself.
    Steve knew nothing about it of course, but couldnt tell me what it was/had been for sure either.
    Allthough I dó know that with the Cobra you díd have a choice for no serial number. The Sidewinder didnt have that choice. They were made after production I believe. Cobra was taken from the line earlier.
    Guess Ill never know
    Yana,

I've seen some photos you put up a while ago of your rifles which had me drooling. They're beautiful and your a lucky chap owning them.
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.

Tommy

Webley also did a piston to make the Tommy do 6ft lbs for the European market. Bet that was interesting to shoot? A good friend of mine also owns a factory .25 cal bet not too many of those around? Mach 1.5

Thanks Brano, Im very pleased to own them and very proud of them. Allthough, as said, still sorry bout selling the Cobra.

6Ftp Tommy; that wouldve been a blast Can recall seeing any Tommys for sale on gthe german market, egun, or anywhere. IF Ive ever saw gthem, it were 12Ftp versions.
    I think theyd do rather nicely in .25; bit like a HW80. Indeed rare
    ATB,
    yana

....I'm picking my Tommy up next week.
    Now it's a working gun.so it's not going to be pretty.but...it's a tomahawk no the less.
    Now I've found and bought another stock to "work on'
    Up next to my longdow it's a fair bit longer.even the front/side mounting screws are a good 80mm further forward.
    Am I right in thinking the Tommy has a longer cylinder/stroke?
    Someone mentioned these were ment for the US market so an export version will be in FAC territory.yes.
    What is the stroke on these and what did the export ones run at?
    thanks

Tommy

The Tommy was designed to do 23 ft lbs. The longbow was designed to do 12 ft lbs. The Tommy has a cylinder the same length as a venom Mach 1. Webley Venom Custom Shop did a short stroke piston which made it shoot much nicer at UK Limit. Tim Dyson as a Tommy for sale at the moment. Mach 1.5

Search the Web for Webley of India and enjoy their vision for the Tomahawk.

Tommy

Tommies from around late 2003 had the LW barrel fitted. Mr Hancock & Mr Pope finally got the message across to the old guard that the walther barrel was a little better than the webley barrel. So hence the longbow was fitted with the LW Barrel and it's big brother soon followed. Mach 1.5