Thread: A Couple of Classic 1960s Crosmans For Sale

A Couple of Classic 1960s Crosmans For Sale

A Crosman 150PK Portable Shooting Target Set
    A Crosman 150 Pellgun from the 1960s presented in its steel framed Case, which doubles as a target holder. The case is silver coloured externally and has a wire framed carrying handle on the right side, which enables the kit to be carried vertically. This solidly built set weighs 5 lb on its own and is coloured pale blue internally.

The right side of this set contained the pistol, duly clipped into place. The left side of the set consisted of a thick steel plate, which could be used as a backplate when a card target was attached via a riveted spring clip. A blue coloured central steel panel closed over the right side for protection when the set was used as a target holder, which securely locked the pistol in place for transit or storage via a simple clip. A steel separator enabled a can of Super Pells and a box of 6 Powerlets to be stored securely only when both were present, as they fitted flush against each other. There are no Super Pells or Powerlets included with this set but I will throw in a couple of original Crosman paper targets that were originally intended for use with this set.

The Crosman 150 is complete and in working order. There is some wear in places but no damage or pitting. Many rearsights on the 150 were adjustable laterally only but this one also has the facility to be adjusted vertically, albeit the adjustment screw looks to be a replacement as it is silver coloured.

The Crosman 150 is a popular little pistol and this set is not often encountered in the U.K. The steel case certainly stops pellets as can be seen in the photos. The cans of pellets are not that difficult to track down and Crosman literature is often offered for sale on t’bay, Adding these items would enhance this kit when on display. £245 Posted Provisionally Sold

A Crosman 400 Repeating Air Rifle
    This 1st model was made between 1957 and 1962 and is a bolt action .22 repeater, complete with a linear magazine for pellets rather than ball. The loading mechanism works on the same principle of using a twisted cam to open and close the breech as the Crosman 600, although the action is not intended to be semi automatic like the 600. Still, it is clear where Crosman got the idea for the loading mechanism on the 600 from. This example remains in good cosmetic order and working condition. I believe these 1960s Crosman Pellguns were years ahead of their time and underrated. They are true classics. £240 posted. Sold

Link to pics
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/n6itJub7hzPDPVuz8
    Last edited by Josie & John; 25-07-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Pm sent re the 400 thanks
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Crosman 400 provisionally sold to you sir, pending the usual.

Kind regards,

John

Hi Jerry,

I think you may need to clear some PM space.

Just to let you know payment has been safely received - thank you.

I'll get the 400 packed up and sent off tomorrow. I'll also PM you Tracking details once sent.

Kind regards,

John

Hi Jerry,

I posted the 400 this morning by PF48. Please clear some space and PM me or email me using the email address in my profile and I'll let you have the Tracking number.

The Postmaster said it will be collected on Monday, so you should have it on Wednesday.

Please let me know when she lands and if you're happy with the rifle and my description.

Stay safe,

John

Hi John,
    I would like to buy the pistol if still available. I will send you a pm.
    I have got Super Pells and Powerlets so it will be a nice kit to take with me on holidays and look at on my desk
    Kind regards, Louis

Quote Originally Posted by arigato.kensuke View Post
    Hi John,
    I would like to buy the pistol if still available. I will send you a pm.
    I have got Super Pells and Powerlets so it will be a nice kit to take with me on holidays and look at on my desk
    Kind regards, Louis
    Hi Louis,

The 150PK is yours. I'm pleased you have the accessories as they enhance the display factor no end. The case is a useful accessory too and will withstand plenty of use.

PM sent.

Best regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Jerry,

I posted the 400 this morning by PF48. Please clear some space and PM me or email me using the email address in my profile and I'll let you have the Tracking number.

The Postmaster said it will be collected on Monday, so you should have it on Wednesday.

Please let me know when she lands and if you're happy with the rifle and my description.

Stay safe,

John
    oops sorry inbox cleared
    Morally flawed

I love the 150's and have several it's a shame Crosman's current equivalent,the 2240 is so poor in standard trim by comparison.The loading port arrangement and sliding breech of the 150 is far more elegant on a pistol IMO.

Nice purchase Louis!

[QUOTE=mrto;7906592]I love the 150's and have several it's a shame Crosman's current equivalent,the 2240 is so poor in standard trim by comparison.The loading port arrangement and sliding breech of the 150 is far more elegant on a pistol IMO.

/QUOTE]

I agree, the 150 is a lovely little pistol - very well made and an excellent performer. The 2240 is popular in its own right but just doesn't have the same character as the 150 IMHO.

John

[QUOTE=Josie & John;7906596]
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I love the 150's and have several it's a shame Crosman's current equivalent,the 2240 is so poor in standard trim by comparison.The loading port arrangement and sliding breech of the 150 is far more elegant on a pistol IMO.

/QUOTE]

I agree, the 150 is a lovely little pistol - very well made and an excellent performer. The 2240 is popular in its own right but just doesn't have the same character as the 150 IMHO.

John
    Hi John,
    Lawrie has been kind enough to hold on my Crosman 150 after a reseal completed just before lockdown started. I'm not in a hurry to get it back as the indoor range I use is still shut, but will hopefully reopen again soon with the necessary restrictions in place. I really miss the shooting the 150 which although in .22 is the most accurate and pleasant to shoot CO2 pistol I own. I can see why the Americans preferred to go down the gas pistol route rather than spring powered pistols when buying from new.

Brian

Crosman 400 arrived safely today John many thanks. Nice smooth working order and quite light and accurate I found. After digging out some wad cutters (by good luck I bought some Crosmans half price at binners Kempton extravaganza and still had them out) no tin duck was safe at 10 yards!

Very interesting mechanism for the magazine, as you say you can see where the idea for the 600 came from.

Thanks again.
    Morally flawed

Crosman 400 arrived safely today John many thanks. Nice smooth working order and quite light and accurate I found. After digging out some wad cutters (by good luck I bought some Crosmans half price at binners Kempton extravaganza and still had them out) no tin duck was safe at 10 yards!

Very interesting mechanism for the magazine, as you say you can see where the idea for the 600 came from.

Thanks again.
    Hi Jerry,

Thank you for letting me know the 400 arrived safely and that you are satisfied. Crosman flat heads sound ideal for her and yes, I too found the rifle accurate when I was her custodian.

Enjoy.

Kind regards,

John