Thread: Indoor Range Reopening.

Indoor Range Reopening.

The indoor range I use which caters for both Rimfire and air gun shooting has been shut since the Corona lockdown began back in March. I'm fortunate enough to belong to another club with both indoor and outdoor ranges where I have been able to at least shoot my muzzle loading revolvers pending reopening of the indoor facilities. The NSRA have recently issued fresh guidelines for the reopening of indoor ranges safely without compromising their insurance validity. We plan to have suitable arrangements in place to start indoor shooting again in the very near future. I know a lot of air gun ranges are outdoor, but wondered if there were any members who rely on indoor ranges and are planning to get things up and running again soon.
    Brian

We, Rivington Riflemen, will soon be preparing to get our Indoor range cleaned up and ready to use when all Social Distancing restrictions have been fully lifted. Due to the lay out of the building we dont think S.D. and the ventilation requirements make it 100% safe as yet - but were getting there. When we get an opening date I will announce it on here, our Face Book page, the North West Airgun Association and our own club web sites.

The outdoor range though is thriving with fun competitions shooting both Polo mints @ 48 yards and the new Pan Punishing target @105 yards.

For the time being both ranges, when open, will be for members only.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I just spoke to a mate that got back in to shooting a year or two ago, He said their range is open, It's outdoor but they shot from inside a kind of shed!, They've taken the precaution of setting up infront of the shooting shed and two metres apart, Can't remember which range it is but he's a Barnsley!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Rochdale Air Gun Club which is indoors with 50m rifle range, 10m pistol range plus plinking range has been open for a few weeks now following a refurb, and very nice it is to. You have to be a member but can join but may not be able to shoot on your first visit because it is now by appointment only due to the restrictions in numbers because of social distancing.
    Under normal circumstances you can hire a variety of rifles and pistols if you dont own one.

A very friendly bunch and we hope to get the Inter Club 50m competition (The Ashes) between R.A.G.C. v Rivi R. up and running again as soon as practical.

HTH
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 27-07-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    We're re-opening our indoor clubhouse/firing point for all our members airgun and rimfire on Saturday.
    Everything has been freshly repainted and each of our firing hatches that previously accommodated 2 shooters only will have one shooter allocated and each hatch has been screened with PVC shower curtains on both sides and at the the rear.
    Looks a bit like a mini-Nightingale hospital, but it meets the physical screening requirements.
    There is also now a booking system in place with nominated range supervisors and other measures to control sanitisation, access and numbers.
    All covered by the ubiquitous risk assessment and instructions to all the members.

We have previously been set up on benches outside in designated lanes for the last month, but we did take the decision to limit this to airguns only for various reasons.