Thread: Original Mod.35 M question...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Original Mod.35 M question...

Good afternoon all.

I have just dismantled my Original Mod.35 M and there is only one barrel pivot shim. The one that is present is the largest concave shim/washer. The other side of the breech looks like it should have a shim in place but only the very wafer thin one. Now, I do not believe that this rifle has ever been apart and my father owned it from new and there is no evidence of the trigger pin being removed. Should it have a shim in place ? I know all of the later 35’s had larger pivot washers/shims in place but they are a completely different size to the one(s) on this version of the 35. From memory I have had this issue before with a very early, 1938, Mod.25 and a couple of Diana/Original gurus confirmed that it should not have the shim in place. Is it the same with this version of the 35 ?
    All of the exploded parts on the web show 3 pivot shims, however I believe that these diagrams show the later models of the 35 ?
    By the way, this rifle is a 35M with the Diopter sights etc.No date markings anywhere, just ‘MADE IN WEST GERMANY’ stamped on the main tube.
    Any help/ advice will be very much appreciated.
    By the way, if, by some miracle, anybody has a foresight hood for the 35M they don’t want can I buy it please ?

Thank you
    Last edited by rapidshot; 26-07-2020 at 02:12 PM.