Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Rare air rifle on eGun.de

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    City of London
    Posts
    8,232

    Rare air rifle on eGun.de

    This spotted on eGun. Rare for a very good reason.

    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    9,841
    How very dare you?

    It took me years to get a well known member on here to sell me one of those.

    I believe it gets it's name due to the absence of any wildlife once the trigger has been pulled.

    Ttttwwwwaaaaannnnnngggggggg, ttttthhhuuunnnnkkkkk!

    Dave
    Goddamit, I love the ignore feature.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    637
    Got my hopes up there for a second.

    Sigh...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    sunderland
    Posts
    264

    rare rifle

    Hi very nice,any chance of a few details,maker,caliber , never seen one before very interesting approx cost of one MANY THANKS

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bath, innit?
    Posts
    4,289
    Quote Originally Posted by sproat View Post
    Hi very nice,any chance of a few details,maker,caliber , never seen one before very interesting approx cost of one MANY THANKS
    No idea, but Iím going to take a wild guess that itís from the 1980s
    The miserable man and evil minded, makes of all things mockery,
    and knows not that which he best should know,
    that he is not free from faults.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    City of London
    Posts
    8,232
    It's a Umarex Wildlife, chalk to the Webley Mk2 Service cheese.

    As Dave suggests, called 'Wildlife' because it's so hopeless that all wildlife is perfectly safe.

    A warning to collectables members: expressing open appreciation of this abortion of an air rifle may prompt Mick to ban you forthwith.
    Last edited by Garvin; 28-07-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    86
    I don't feel very well...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    nottingham
    Posts
    3,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    How very dare you?

    It took me years to get a well known member on here to sell me one of those.

    I believe it gets it's name due to the absence of any wildlife once the trigger has been pulled.

    Ttttwwwwaaaaannnnnngggggggg, ttttthhhuuunnnnkkkkk!

    Dave

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    sunderland
    Posts
    264

    rare airgun

    Hi done a bit of research on the wild life and decided I want one looks just the one for me will set my oddball searcher on to it,this mate of mine is very good at finding odd airguns at good prices may take a bit of time ,but he will find one, Thanks VERY MUCH FOR THE KICK START

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    9,841
    Quote Originally Posted by sproat View Post
    Hi done a bit of research on the wild life and decided I want one looks just the one for me will set my oddball searcher on to it,this mate of mine is very good at finding odd airguns at good prices may take a bit of time ,but he will find one, Thanks VERY MUCH FOR THE KICK START
    Wait a minute fella, there's a version with a sundial built into the stock. Even harder to find, but so much more useful. It still eludes me.......

    ....... One day.

    Dave
    Goddamit, I love the ignore feature.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    wolverhampton
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Wait a minute fella, there's a version with a sundial built into the stock. Even harder to find, but so much more useful. It still eludes me.......

    ....... One day.

    Dave
    I heard the sundail version is the one where you push the rifle butt first in the sand or soil and when the sun hits it at 12 you mark the ground and so on then you have the clock face but you do need your watch to tell you when it is 12 so you can mark the ground lol .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Posts
    2,663
    That must be one of the ugliest things I have ever seen

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Near Auckland
    Posts
    1,067
    I have no idea on the attributes, if any, of that thing.
    Two words come to mind though.
    Dyer Rhea

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    City of London
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by sproat View Post
    Hi done a bit of research on the wild life and decided I want one looks just the one for me will set my oddball searcher on to it,this mate of mine is very good at finding odd airguns at good prices may take a bit of time ,but he will find one, Thanks VERY MUCH FOR THE KICK START
    Really? Why, may I ask?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    329
    There is one of these in the cabin of my old club.. Im pretty sure it had been there for years (abandoned)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •