Thread: Another 577 PH mustetoon surfaces.

Another 577 PH mustetoon surfaces.

One for Tac.

A friend of mine has just managed to acquire, for his first 'dark arts' toy a sergeant's 577 musketoon. His words:

Have today taken receipt of PH 2 band, serial number 1103 so based on your info, a Brummie early one. Having dismantled and inspected, i don't think it has been used much but has been long term stored without maintenance TLC; this is being corrected. Woodwork was a tad dry and some of the brasswork has 'Verdegreed' a bit but nothing obviously major. as soon as remedial work done, i'll be up for some on-range tuition/education. :d

I can see the gallery range disappearing in smoke next week to the dismay of the lie down, fall asleep between shots brigade on the 100yd (22 only) range if the wind is right!

I hate spell check. It keeps changing musketoon into mustetoon!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    One for Tac.

A friend of mine has just managed to acquire, for his first 'dark arts' toy a sergeant's 577 musketoon. His words:

Have today taken receipt of PH 2 band, serial number 1103 so based on your info, a Brummie early one. Having dismantled and inspected, i don't think it has been used much but has been long term stored without maintenance TLC; this is being corrected. Woodwork was a tad dry and some of the brasswork has 'Verdegreed' a bit but nothing obviously major. as soon as remedial work done, i'll be up for some on-range tuition/education. :d

I can see the gallery range disappearing in smoke next week to the dismay of the lie down, fall asleep between shots brigade on the 100yd (22 only) range if the wind is right!

I hate spell check. It keeps changing musketoon into mustetoon!
    Whooohoo! Very close to mine - 1187!!!

BTW, don't refer to it as a two-band rifle - ALL Musketoons have two bands, but the two-band rifle is a different item altogether. That is the designation for the short rifle, much used by the Royal Navy - for obvious reasons, and it about six inches shorter than the three-band rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Whooohoo! Very close to mine - 1187!!!

BTW, don't refer to it as a two-band rifle - ALL Musketoons have two bands, but the two-band rifle is a different item altogether. That is the designation for the short rifle, much used by the Royal Navy - for obvious reasons, and it about six inches shorter than the three-band rifle.
    Mine is 1152.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    Mine is 1152.
    TVM. I'll pass it on to DBM.

P-H

I recently acquired a P-H 2 BAND RIFLE at auction,
    has not turned up here yet,
    S1227 it is SMOOTH BORE on my S-G ticket,
    should be a bit of fun when it does get here and i can get back to the range,
    both may be next year,
    BEST REGARDS,
    T

Quote Originally Posted by TALL View Post
    I recently acquired a P-H 2 BAND RIFLE at auction,
    has not turned up here yet,
    S1227 it is SMOOTH BORE on my S-G ticket,
    should be a bit of fun when it does get here and i can get back to the range,
    both may be next year,
    BEST REGARDS,
    T
    Noted, thanks.

Hummmmmmm, I have a .557 P-H serial s1115 I've had it for a few years, its 'used'. another member has a mint one, we think it was a wall hanger as there is no evidence of it been loaded and fired but it did look like it had been 'capped off' the funny thing is that I bought the mint one first but took it back a few days later firstly due to the fact I had an unexpected bill and needed the money, secondly it was in too good a condition for me as I want too shoot it, I have the serial number for that gun but as it now belongs to some one else, I hope you understand why I will not reveal it.
    Last edited by airgunnut; 04-08-2020 at 09:22 PM.
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    Hummmmmmm, I have a .557 P-H serial s1115 I've had it for a few years, its 'used'. another member has a mint one, we think it was a wall hanger as there is no evidence of it been loaded and fired but it did look like it had been 'capped off' the funny thing is that I bought the mint one first but took it back a few days later firstly due to the fact I had an unexpected bill and needed the money, secondly it was in too good a condition for me as I want too shoot it, I have the serial number for that gun but as it now belongs to some one else, I hope you understand why I will not reveal it.
    At the moment your post is as useful to the register as a less than useless thing - perhaps you might care to PM me with the serial number? We are not in the least interested in who owns it. I have NEVER passed on any details of any gun that that been numbered here - in any case, if for instance, I'd told Mr Minshall that it belonged to TALL, what use could he make of that?

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    At the moment your post is as useful to the register as a less than useless thing - perhaps you might care to PM me with the serial number? We are not in the least interested in who owns it. I have NEVER passed on any details of any gun that that been numbered here - in any case, if for instance, I'd told Mr Minshall that it belonged to TALL, what use could he make of that?
    Keep your shirt on! I think you have failed to understand that I DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS WHATSOEVER to disclose any serial numbers of other peoples firearms, at my club we have to enter the serial numbers of the guns we have shot that day, this was requested by the police, it was mentioned that just having our full names in that book could be a breach of the date protection act and having the serial numbers of our guns constitutes a serious breach of security as anyone who enters the club has access to this book (they have to sigh it) so they have access to not only our full names but also what guns we have, its possible to find out where you live just by using your full name, (ive lost count of the amount of times I've looked up a name in the phone book to find the address)
    So if that person want to tel you the serial number of his gun then he will tel you, not me, as its not my gun.
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill

Well that turned acrimonious pretty quickly.

Still the pair of us had a very pleasant morning turning nice fresh gunpowder into smoke and sending huge lumps of lead down range. A few bystanders are now becoming addicted to the dark arts.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    Keep your shirt on! I think you have failed to understand that I DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS WHATSOEVER to disclose any serial numbers of other peoples firearms, at my club we have to enter the serial numbers of the guns we have shot that day, this was requested by the police, it was mentioned that just having our full names in that book could be a breach of the date protection act and having the serial numbers of our guns constitutes a serious breach of security as anyone who enters the club has access to this book (they have to sigh it) so they have access to not only our full names but also what guns we have, its possible to find out where you live just by using your full name, (ive lost count of the amount of times I've looked up a name in the phone book to find the address)
    So if that person want to tel you the serial number of his gun then he will tel you, not me, as its not my gun.
    Understood. I wasn't that bothered, TBH, but you chose to explode it all over the site. As for all the other stuff, we have to do that in our club, too, in fact, I bleeve that EVERY club operates that way these days. No addresses, though, just a name and club membership number - won't do you any good using my name, though, I'm ex-directory.

OTOH, nobody can just waltz into either of our ranges and take a sneak look at the registers - obviously it's a problem where YOU live, but not here. There are NO unaccompanied 'strangers' wombling around our club premises.

I was the one that exploded?
    I think you should go back and read my first post on this thread, then read your reply.
    As for people wombaling around, its the visitors who are brought into the club who the vast majority of us don't know, they're the ones (and those who brake in) who can get a look at the book and of course your ex director, but the vast majority aren't.
    I'm going to leave it there.