Thread: Another 577 PH mustetoon surfaces.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another 577 PH mustetoon surfaces.

One for Tac.

A friend of mine has just managed to acquire, for his first 'dark arts' toy a sergeant's 577 musketoon. His words:

Have today taken receipt of PH 2 band, serial number 1103 so based on your info, a Brummie early one. Having dismantled and inspected, i don't think it has been used much but has been long term stored without maintenance TLC; this is being corrected. Woodwork was a tad dry and some of the brasswork has 'Verdegreed' a bit but nothing obviously major. as soon as remedial work done, i'll be up for some on-range tuition/education. :d

I can see the gallery range disappearing in smoke next week to the dismay of the lie down, fall asleep between shots brigade on the 100yd (22 only) range if the wind is right!

I hate spell check. It keeps changing musketoon into mustetoon!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    One for Tac.

A friend of mine has just managed to acquire, for his first 'dark arts' toy a sergeant's 577 musketoon. His words:

Have today taken receipt of PH 2 band, serial number 1103 so based on your info, a Brummie early one. Having dismantled and inspected, i don't think it has been used much but has been long term stored without maintenance TLC; this is being corrected. Woodwork was a tad dry and some of the brasswork has 'Verdegreed' a bit but nothing obviously major. as soon as remedial work done, i'll be up for some on-range tuition/education. :d

I can see the gallery range disappearing in smoke next week to the dismay of the lie down, fall asleep between shots brigade on the 100yd (22 only) range if the wind is right!

I hate spell check. It keeps changing musketoon into mustetoon!
    Whooohoo! Very close to mine - 1187!!!

BTW, don't refer to it as a two-band rifle - ALL Musketoons have two bands, but the two-band rifle is a different item altogether. That is the designation for the short rifle, much used by the Royal Navy - for obvious reasons, and it about six inches shorter than the three-band rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Whooohoo! Very close to mine - 1187!!!

BTW, don't refer to it as a two-band rifle - ALL Musketoons have two bands, but the two-band rifle is a different item altogether. That is the designation for the short rifle, much used by the Royal Navy - for obvious reasons, and it about six inches shorter than the three-band rifle.
    Mine is 1152.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    Mine is 1152.
    TVM. I'll pass it on to DBM.

P-H

I recently acquired a P-H 2 BAND RIFLE at auction,
    has not turned up here yet,
    S1227 it is SMOOTH BORE on my S-G ticket,
    should be a bit of fun when it does get here and i can get back to the range,
    both may be next year,
    BEST REGARDS,
    T

Quote Originally Posted by TALL View Post
    I recently acquired a P-H 2 BAND RIFLE at auction,
    has not turned up here yet,
    S1227 it is SMOOTH BORE on my S-G ticket,
    should be a bit of fun when it does get here and i can get back to the range,
    both may be next year,
    BEST REGARDS,
    T
    Noted, thanks.